Mounts..... I am a noob so be gentle.

Ok I have read the wiki on getting your unique mount. But where do I get a regular horse at? I am ony level 17 been playing about 4 days now and have no clue where to get a horse!! I tjought I saw a horse shoe icon on a high elf outpost yesterday but then it disappeared when I entered the outpost. Do I need a special skill to ride or what? Or do I need to do the mount quest first? I play on the XBOX 360. Any reply would be great. Even if it's "Your such a noob dude..." I will live with that.

Thanks,

JD

No, you don't need a special skill and you don't need your special mount to get a horse. In fact, on the wiki it says having a horse helps in getting your special mount (move faster, more hp, etc.) There are many horse traders throughout Ancaria Look for that horseshoe. The mini map in the upper right corner shows when you are ner merchants, smiths and horse dealers with little icons around the circle showing their approximate direction.

Welcome to the forum, Horus. And remember -- everyone was a noob once. In my case, probably several times. lol

No, you don't need a special skill and you don't need your special mount to get a horse. In fact, on the wiki it says having a horse helps in getting your special mount (move faster, more hp, etc.) There are many horse traders throughout Ancaria Look for that horseshoe. The mini map in the upper right corner shows when you are ner merchants, smiths and horse dealers with little icons around the circle showing their approximate direction.

Welcome to the forum, Horus. And remember -- everyone was a noob once. In my case, probably several times. lol

I am prob master noob , I find much stuff I dont know. And have 2 test.

Oh anyway theres 4 really good mounts. Chech my Rider thread for pics:

Its like shopping, check merchant, if he dont have what you need - tele away then go back. And he have new horses, you need riding though + riding relics.

And good luck :D

First horse dude are at highelf outpost, before holdup quest. Between sloeford and thylysium.

I always use him in start, later use Khorum trader in dessert middle city - easier.

Edited by D-molisher

Thanks guys for the quick response.

I was at that High elf outpost and the horse shoe was there but then it went away. So my guess is that he works on a schedual or he is a traveling merchant.

Again thank you.

JD

The NPC's have a tendency to wander around. If he disappears, he won't be too far away, though. Minimap should point the way.

Welcome to the forum Horus! My favorite place to buy mounts is probably Khorum. I've been working with a Horse build lately, and after getting the portal from a friend, I usually tpt there asap and grab (after great tip from Pony) the Evasion/Reflect horse.

:tongue:

gogo

Thanks for the welcome guys. I have found the wandering Horse salesman at the High Elf outpost.

Did I mention this game is well beyond my expectations. Just to awsome. Way more in depth than I had thought.

gogo,

I read the same horseman build from pony and am working on a cavalry man as well. Still have no clue what Khorum is (Have just barely gotten to the city south of the High elf outpost). I am only about 11% into the game and less than that on opening the map.

Again thanks to all for the great responses. Looking forward to getting back to the states to play this game online.