Places of Ancaria Project - Now complete!

It's difficult to find appropiate words to say here... it's been quite a long time since I dealed with the template and filled some of the very first pages...

Thank you very much all who have helped to complete this project; you've made me feel really happy & excited for a day. Thank you guys for making worthy the small contribution I did starting this! :wub:

Zeno

zeeeeeeeeeeeeeno! WB friend! :hugs: Happy to see you back looking at the work. Your little project has blossomed. I think the work put into it now over the years is going to give National Geographic a run for the money.

We still miss your writeups of the areas. You had a beautiful way of finding story from places.

Still a home for you here one day if you're ever able to fall in love with the land again.

:)

gogo

Hey Zeno good to see you checking in :) What a project huh lol

Took me over 5 months to complete what had been started...but it's soo nice now that it's done. But like gogo was saying the descriptions could use some love if you ever get the urge to do a little wiki work again. I really concentrated on getting all the pics. and except for a few pages most of my descriptions are short, concise and honestly, boring :) They really do little to give each place a little flavor or culture.

So even though it's technically done (except Northland) there's quite a bit of stuff that could use some 'enhancements'. Creative writing has never been my strong suit, so hopefully someone with the gift of words and some spare time will 'flesh out' that part soon :D

• 2 years later...

Riiiiiiiise from the grave, ye olde thread! :wizard:

Guys I'm resurrecting this thread to ask: Why do we have a Regions page AND a Places page?

Nevermind, I am now enlightened.

-----------

I had an semi-related deletion request to ask about:

The Regions page formerly had Dragon Islands and Seraphim Island as 'Regions', while on the Places page, Seraphim Island was a 'Place' within the Dragon Sea Island Region, and Dragon Islands wasn't mentioned at all (instead each island was a place). I changed this on the Regions page so that it matches the Places page (Now Dragon Sea Islands is the Region). Since only a few pages linked to Dragon Islands, I redirected them to Dragon Sea Islands instead. However this makes the old Dragon Islands "region" page obsolete (nothing links to it now, and it has almost nothing on it). Dragon Sea Islands is the Region and each individual dragon island has it's own place page within it already. Hope that was explained clearly, kind of gave me a headache. :flu: The short version is I nominate this duplicate page to be deleted: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Dragon_Islands

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

:hugs:

U know Flix, it's a very very good question. I was stumped for a sec when I first saw your findings, then when I begun to research, once again relived the process of how everything in Wiki is slowly getting expanded.

In the beginning there was a huge grand slam of copy/paste from official Ascaron supplied stuff that we just created the pages with, and here, now, many years later, are still kind of empty.

The places pages, as you mention, are art pieces now, both with content and images. Your contemporary additions to them, that extra gleam this game deserves.

The so-far emptier pages, like Regions, we like to have faith that one day, a kind of interest will kindle that will allow them to be filled with unknown question/vectors that will add that color.

region enemies

region resistances

region specialized drops

region trophies for specialized builds

ahhh, lol, yeah one day

This is great fire we have going on the sites, surely this will transverse the sacredverse to where Sacred 3 is being crafted

:heart:

gogo