Completion Of Game

Hi there,

I've got a question about what happens after you complete the story quest for the first time and want to start again with a new character. I'm currently a Shadow Warrior on silver and am just concentrating on completing the main and character quest and starting again as an Inquisiter on gold. If I choose a new character from the beginning of the game, will all the map be greyed out as if I'm new to the game or will all the roads, teleports still there from the Shadow Warrior I'm currently using? Reason why I'm asking is because I'm looking to do a complete or near complete sidequest run and it would be far easier for me to do that if everything was fresh because it's easier to see where you've travelled and what quests need to be done.

Cheers for reading anyway,

Phil

A new character will not have any portals (etc) activated or anything from your previous characters (though you can use the Shared Stash to transfer items). Also, you won't be able to start a new character in Gold, since you'll need to complete Silver with that character to access Gold.

Oh I see. So if I wanted to do a gold campaign or above I will need to use my Shadow Warrior that I'm currently using when I complete his campaign. What about all the Combat Arts and skill points I've out in? Do they all stay or can I change the Combat Arts if I messed up choosing something I don't want the first time around?

I just started a new game on silver with an Iquisiter just to see what the map is like and I'm pleased to say it was all fresh. No roads, teleports, resurrection monoliths highlighted so that will make it alot easier to know what roads I need to travel to try and complete every quest available.

Cheers for writing both of you, makes sense now not to use a level 1 new character in higher difficulty levels.

PS love the new cool look of the website!

Once you select a skill and add points to them you cannot change. There is no respec option in Sacred 2. Similarly once you've read a CA rune, you cannot 'un-read' it

The "new" look is actually the old one, it went down due to bandwith issues. If you start in gold your character doesn't change for the least bit. you keep items, skills, combat arts etc.

Just like nightmare and hell difficulty in Diablo II.

• 1 month later...
You would'nt be able to survive in gold with that new character either, enemies are minumim level 48 in gold.

Actually the enemies level with you and go with your survival bonus they do not start at any level that high above you whether your in bronze silver gold platinum or niob. I had a glitch with a couple of characters for some reason they were able to play in gold. For my druid she was at level 28 but due to my survival bonus they were at level 40.