Potions (consumption on Consoles)

I have been looking through the wiki for some information regarding the consumption of potions in Sacred 2.

I am playing Scared 2 on the PS3 and it is a hell of a lot of fun :P

Firstly, how many potions effects can you have 'active' simultaneously?

Secondly, how can you tell when the 'potion action expires'?

Basically I think you can have as many potions as you want on at a time, I think, but you can tell by the swirling lines of light around your char whether the potion is still active

Edited by alowan

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I was hoping for something a little more definitive than an 'aurora', in the heat of battle, all of my attention in is controlling the mobs and not on the minutia of my character.

It would be nice to see an icon because when you take more than one potion at the same time, they both have the same animation so you could be without one and not know

potions seem to overlap (on PS3)

I tried it last night and the mentor potion stayed after I had a concentration potion.

Although I think the concentration potion wore off before the mentor potion but the swirling pattern went with it... (possible bug)

it would be nice to have little icons or something under your character near your buffs, with a timer.

TheRook21

Mentor and concentration potions drop like candy in this game, so while I agree that such a fix would be nice, it's not a priority since you can just self time it for roughly a minute or something, or even just take them back to back before a boss dies if you wanna be sure

Thanks to all who took the time and made the effort to respond.

To Gogo: thanks for the link, I missed this page when I went trolling for information. Excellent job on the format and content.

To buttfedora: I agree that the quantity of the drops makes the potions seem like "candy" but the motivation around the question is an attempt to conserve the 'better' potions at later difficulty settings as I hate to be wasteful

:D .

I also agree that this is a 'would be nice feature' only worth developing if no other issues were to be found in the game!

Thanks to all who took the time and made the effort to respond.

To Gogo: thanks for the link, I missed this page when I went trolling for information. Excellent job on the format and content.

To buttfedora: I agree that the quantity of the drops makes the potions seem like "candy" but the motivation around the question is an attempt to conserve the 'better' potions at later difficulty settings as I hate to be wasteful

:D .

I also agree that this is a 'would be nice feature' only worth developing if no other issues were to be found in the game!

"Better" potions are easy just as well. On my elf alone, spamming mentor potions like she does, I have over 300 STRONG mentor potions. I had about 500 Mentor potions that I spread around to my new characters. I sell all my light ones. Im not saying it's a bad idea, but things like a bar for Shields for TG and seraphim would be a nice feature on consoles before getting around to potion bars/symbols.