Forest Guardian

I've been trying to kill this guy (with no luck) saw on a post that he was an accompanying type quest.

Also the post mentioned , He is immortal, like Hansi the bear.

Anyone know the truth, is the fella a quest , and if so , where do you pick up the quest?

Thanks in advance.

Jet :)

He isnt a quest. And he isnt immortal its just that he heals himself for most of his health periodically. Therefore to kill him you have to do lots of damage fast. If your having trouble try making sure that your main damage type isnt something he's resistant too and if you cant kill him at least dont die trying. Good luck tho

I'll try to dig the post up I read..

However, myself and 3 other mid level char's , couldn't make him budge..

"Guardian of the Forest: Act 8. Wants you to kill poachers. Attacks with a bow/sword, doesn't die." Quote from S.I.F.

Edited by Jetcutter

He isn't attached to a quest but there is a quest that asks you to get a medallion from a cave that is situated behind him, so very often you have no choice than to kill him. In light, you help a dryad get in, whereas in dark you get a bunch of pirates that help, which sounds good but they turn nasty later in quest.

He isn't attached to a quest but there is a quest that asks you to get a medallion from a cave that is situated behind him, so very often you have no choice than to kill him. In light, you help a dryad get in, whereas in dark you get a bunch of pirates that help, which sounds good but they turn nasty later in quest.

Possible location of questgiver?

Maybe This will lead me to his demise..

Thanx

Jet

Taking that quest wont help you beat him it will just take you near him. Like I posted earlier he isnt invincible, just because of the health regen if you cant deal the damage fast enough he is tough to beat

yah he is tough, but not invinvable, just try to clear out all the mobs around him so he dont pull more in and make it harder for you, and use fire, he seams to be very weak against fire damage. also if you have any stuns when he turns to run away and heal, stun the bugger and you should do fine :D

I thought all the mini bosses had a quest marker before you could spawn them post 2.40. I don't think I have killed him since 2.40 was released but if he is like all the other mini bosses look for a quest giver near his location and that should spawn him.

Is this the boss just before the cave for Shadow Warrior's character quest? You would'nt believe how frustrating it was just to get to the area. It was along walk by the beach just to get there.

As for the original question, no I don't believe it is part of a quest because the boss just appeared and I had no sidequests open for the whole island. I managed to kill it quite easily with my Shadow Warrior. Just spamming Demonic Blow with my two handed Seyrs Klinge (spelling?) level 50. Awesome weapon.

This guy was the original mini-boss....he was there before patch (2.31 I think) came along and added the other 10. He used to spawn at the level of first person in server but apparently they fixed that. As to why he's not part of any quest.....got me :)

I thought all the mini bosses had a quest marker before you could spawn them post 2.40. I don't think I have killed him since 2.40 was released but if he is like all the other mini bosses look for a quest giver near his location and that should spawn him.

The quest for the bosses are only in the PC version. The console versions seem to be on an older patch.