Eating Runes vs. +Combat arts or +Aspect

So I have been wondering for a while why one would use +Combat Art or +Specific Aspect Equipment, unless they come with other nicer bonuses. My logic is that I would rather eat runes if my regen times allow for it, and save the slot for something else that cannot be achived by eating a rune (a blacksmith rune, +All skills, +Damage, etc).

But hey, I'm pretty new at all of this, so there may be something I'm missing. Is there some other benefit to using +combat art equipment that I've overlooked?

Heya,

it is, and I know it won't help you much, a question of balancing the build. Runes in gear and aspect increasers only have 50% of the penalty you would get for reading/eating a rune.

Generally.... what I do, is pump runes into buffs, and rely mostly upon gear and such to increase Combat Arts. That doesn't mean I never read more than 1 rune into a CA. But that is, as you said, a question of regen times.

There is no rule for reading runes or using aspect increasers. I do think that most players will use slots for smith arts, +skill jewelry or whatever is needed at the time.

Tinkering gear is one of the nicest aspects in the game... as you can go any route... any style.

Greetz

Edited by Barristan

Actually, despite your statement otherwise, that does help me a lot. I know there are a number of variables that go into any choices, and this just looked like a not very optimal choice from the perspective I had.

Knowing there is a benefit to the +CA +Aspect abilities (it sounds like 100% of power increase, only 50% of regen penalty increase?) makes it so I can add those abilities back into consideration.

Any + from gear to CAs, (+all ca, +aspect, +specific ca, socketed rune) uses 50% regen penalty for 100% bonus, so essentially +2 from gear has the same regen as reading a rune.

In higher levels, as regen times are easier and easier to control due to concentration, focus, and other big time modifiers, eating runes gets to be OK. Lower levels, eating a rune can bring your regen time sky high. Like stated, balancing your character's regen times is the name of the game, and you can do it however you like, be it rune munching and using lots of regen stuff, eating one rune and using +aspect, or balancing.

However you do it, its your char.