First disclaimer. I am not a tech person. I deal more in flesh in the real world, so please go easy on me if this is an easy fix.

I am currently running in the US servers in Sacred 2 closed net and would like to move over to UK. I tried doing it in the server selection area but it does not make the change. Any ideas?

You need to buy another copy of the game to paly on the eu servers. There are 2 publishers for the game -- cdv in the US/North America and Deepsilver in the rest of the world. Although the game is the same, the keys are not interchangeable.

Sorry for the news, I'm in the same position and can't really afford another copy of the game just now.

The server seperation was a huge hindrance to our clan, and still is. It's already a small enough community and splitting them up this way was bad decision.

:)

gogo

I shall carry on in the USA as an unmarked solider separated from those he wishes to fight beside. At least until I can squirrel away a few bucks from the wifey for the EU version. :)

Grillgrim

I'm currently going through the transition to Eu.

You need a EU license, also be prepared to lose your current character / equipment.

Having alot of difficulty right now, getting it to work.

I'll let you know how it progresses.

For sure, keep me in the loop about the process. I don't mind so much about loosing the characters. With the number of HC deaths and reboots I am pilling up, it seems like I am starting a new character every week at least. Ahh, I am falling in love with gaming again.

All you should need to do is the following:

Install your US copy of Sacred 2 & activate with your US cd-key. Go to the Options.txt file & change the address & port for the server to the EU ones. Start up Sacred 2 & create an EU account on the EU server with your EU cd-key (which you'll need to get hold of separately). Alternatively, it might just be simpler to get hold of an EU copy of the game.

When patching, don't forget to use the US patches (since you've got the US version installed).

All you should need to do is the following:

Install your US copy of Sacred 2 & activate with your US cd-key. Go to the Options.txt file & change the address & port for the server to the EU ones. Start up Sacred 2 & create an EU account on the EU server with your EU cd-key (which you'll need to get hold of separately). Alternatively, it might just be simpler to get hold of an EU copy of the game.

When patching, don't forget to use the US patches (since you've got the US version installed).

'

Exactly...

I play EU or US as I like. I got 2 codes and just change server number and logon my account nr 2.

You dont need to uninstall anything ever, I still runs US on my EU version...

Just remember what version you got, for updating. ( I install EU update - and it works ok for US account too )

And dont worry your US chars are still there, I got 6 chars on US server HC.

Even if I play Sacred 2 US - 2 weeks total in 9 months.

Edited by D-molisher

Not the issue now,, I'm currently fighting with Steam over serial code issue.

jet runs for credit card receipt :Just_Cuz_12: .

I'm sure it will sort itself out. Just a pain..

Patience Jet, Patience.

• 2 months later...

alot of us over at DA got both EU and US accounts, so yellowlab made a server changer utilety thingy, I can link it to you when you get your secund code ^^ im quite sure it will work for you aswell o.o

The server seperation was a huge hindrance to our clan, and still is. It's already a small enough community and splitting them up this way was bad decision.

:badbad:

gogo

Ascaron split us up, I suspect, due to massive complaints of people upset with people chatting online in other languages.

Also, it made it harder to trade/mule/establish territory...

So. tighter community online, but smaller.