Question about the "CA bar"

This might have been asked and answered before but I was not sure what to search for.

Is there a way to have multiple CA bars/setups, like you have multiple weapons setups and multiple relic setups? Like maybe have four attack CAs in your bar at most times, then when you need to buff some temporary buffs you switch to "bar 2" which contains 4 buff CAs and when you're done buffing you switch back to "bar 1" to keep bashing heads.

From what I've seen (although not had confirmed) the console versions seems to be able to have more than 4 CAs active and can switch setups on the fly. Again I've not looked deeply into this so I might very well be wrong. :yawn:

Thanks

-Scarecroww

No, there is only one CA bar. Equate the CA bar to the weapon bar, as you started to do -- you have multiple weapons to switch between -- so you have multiple CAs to switch between. You only have one weapon bar -- you only have one CA bar, too.

Just to piggyback with Gial. The point of buffs is to have them active all the time, helping you out. In the PC version it is a ring on the left bottom portion of the screen (I am assuming it is the same for 360/PS3) You can get up to three buffs going at the same time with concentration. The good part is you don’t have to pick and choose between buffs and offensive Combat Arts, you can use them all at the same time. Another sort of "buff" or stat booster is the Alchemy skill, which allows you to put items in your potion bar that can boost stats and help with different aspects of the game (ie iron ore trophy, troll tooth, etc...). All done simultaneously with the buffs and offensive Combat Arts. Unfortunately they expire like a potion does.

Edited by Grillgrim

So, the PC version only has 4 readily available "quick keys" for using combat arts? Other than the 4 CA slots do you just have to activate a skill from the CA menu or something?

I play on the PS3 and I'm used to having the ability to switch to two additional CA palettes on the fly, totalling in 12 Combat Arts available within a quick button combination (4 Combat Arts per pallet).

The PC has 4 "slots" for CAs. You start out with one slot and get more (to a max of 4) as you level up. They are bound to keyboard keys 1 through 4 and you use them by first dragging the CA you want to a slot, then select which slot to use by pressing the appropriate button, then finally using the CA by right-clicking on the mouse. And no you can't use CAs from the menu, you have to drag the CA to your bar to use it.

I don't understand why the PC version is stuck with this aged system of only 4 CAs at a time, it serves no purpose more than being frustrating..

The PC has 4 "slots" for CAs. You start out with one slot and get more (to a max of 4) as you level up. They are bound to keyboard keys 1 through 4 and you use them by first dragging the CA you want to a slot, then select which slot to use by pressing the appropriate button, then finally using the CA by right-clicking on the mouse. And no you can't use CAs from the menu, you have to drag the CA to your bar to use it.

I don't understand why the PC version is stuck with this aged system of only 4 CAs at a time, it serves no purpose more than being frustrating..

Wow, that blows my mind! No offense to you PC users out there, but now I'm glad I chose the console version (not that I had a choice, as my PC sucks for games). To be honest though, each platform has their strengths and weaknesses, for instance, the very very slow rate of game-fixing patches for console. We don't even know when we'll get the next patch to fix things like the total brokenness of the Blacksmithing skill. Then again, the PC version has a much better menu and interface system that allows you to see several menus at the same time, and the whole machine power improving overall performance and framerate if you have a fast PC. Good times, good times.