Crunchie was telling me about a concert he went to last night which got me reminiscing about the concerts I have been to.....thought I would ask everyone..... /yay /yay /yay

What concerts have you been too?

What was your all time favourite concert?

What is your dream concert?

Here is mine:

-Faith No More

-Hole

-Red Hot Chili Peppers

-Tool

-Jewel

-Bob Dylan

-Tori Amos

For the music and effects Tool, but for the whole experience it would have to be Jewel – she played at a massive park, where everyone was having picnics and drinking vino and I was with Lex and Ari – I couldn’t have asked for a better setting or company /hug

Would have to be The Cure or Nirvana – but Nirvana is a little unrealistic (then again I did say dream concert /wink)

I liked the "Tool /bow " and "Perfect Circle /bow " concerts too much but my favourite so far is "Korn /thumbsup ".

I love to listen "Red Hot Chili /cry " but their concert performans was sucks (at least which one I been)

Ozz Fest is prety cool to, you can see a lots of groups in same day, entire day long. They have 3 seperate stages and you could choise what to listen.

More of a dans performans than a concert but "Lord of the dance /shok " was great with all the musics and the stage.

my concerts what I have been in:

sepultura (one of the first normal concert)

metallica+AC/DC (some rock tour in russia in ninetys)

pink floyd (in praha - probably the best show/concert)

roger waters

nick cave

sting+tracy chapman (sting sucks - tracy was very good)

iron maiden (4 years ago)

few jazz festivals back at home in lithuania (was one great drummer playing - Jofe and they have very cheap wine - 25 american cents for 200 ml :pitcher:)

few others - nothing special

dream concert - dont know

best one pink floyd - it was a trip with few cousins for almost whole week - lots of beer /beers and great concert

I aint been to any yet /sad

/rolleyes

but iron maiden in december inron maiden in december iron maiden iron maiden iron maiden B)

/thumbsup

ahh I love a good concert...

Bands I have seen live:

Killing Heidi

28 Days

Living End

Little Birdy

Gyroscope

Pacifier

The Flaming Lips

Metallica

Arch Enemy

Faker

Jewel

the list goes on...I know I have forgotten a few. but I cant remember...

DJ's I have seen live

Micky Finn

Hype

Those guys with the monkeys... what are they called? cant remember...

etc

etc

etc

Perth used to have a VERY good D&B scene. We got all the good internationals.. :) lucky crazy teenagers we were.

My favourite concert... Jewel. I was in a terrible place in my life, where everything was falling apart and somehow that concert, with my sisters and freshly sqozen OJ and wine.. made everything ok for those hours. It was wonderful. She is a beautifully stunning performer.

Ideal? Have a girl/indie/accoustic show - Allanis, Jewel, Katie Melua, Missy Higgins, Sarah Mchlachlean, Kate Bush, Lamb (:D) and more! :D it would be a wonderful wonderful time: D

Violent Femmes

Tori Amos x2

L7

Midnight Oil

Hole

Faith No More

Bob Dylan

Jewel

Hmm that's a hard one... Faith No More rocked (Mike Patton *swoon*), Jewel was very cool, relaxed (you forgot to mention the ducks, Aur *grin*), but none of them beat Tori Amos - she has the most stunning voice, just her and a piano on stage. I saw her first concert and her most recent concert in Perth and both times she was absolutely amazing!!

The Doors (with Jim, of course), Ani DiFranco, Nick Cave, Kate Bush... so many!! A huge concert with all my fave gal singers would be cool /woot

Well, this is one topic I can boast about.

being part of the music industry for the past 4 years working part time in a recording studio and being involved with EMI, Sony/BMG, tower records and warner music I've had a great deal of experience and some of the training I have done has been at some pretty high profile concerts.

Live 8 (london)

the golden jubilee concert

last night of the proms 2004

Alkaline trio (london august 2005)

download 2004+2005

Phil collins

Bon Jovi

Greenday

Simple Plan

The killers

The bravery

Nightwish

HIM

plus a few others that you wouldn't have heard of ever because they are low profile bands/groups that I've dealt with in my 4 years of working for the studio.

I was working backstage at live 8... you even more jelous now :)

I've met Sir Bob Geldof, bonno, mcFly... whoever they are. elton john, and a few other people... I'll shutup before people start to hate me for being so young and cocky. I don't want to give off that impression. but live8 has to be the best thing I have ever done its a memory that will go with me for the rest of my life. and because of that I've got to meet many many celebrities and supposedly I appeared on tv standing at the side of the sage and re-arranging the microphones. its quite sad that people were actually looking for me.

anyway lex don't be jelous its not all that glamerous. the changing rooms for the celebs were prefabricated buildings that were rather grotty.

The only big concert I've been to was 2004s Curiosa Tour in Toronto. On the Lineup (that I saw):

.: The Cure

.: Interpol

.: Auf Der Maur

.: The Rapture

I got there a little late, so I missed one of the bands and I stayed at the main stage before the Cure to make sure we were in our seats for the start. Utterly amazing show.

Other than that, I've enjoyed a few Joel Plaskett shows, the Local Rabbits before they disbanded and earlier this year I managed to see Super Friendz and Mike O'Neill.