Help a beginner?

Don't know where I picked him up, but the kid is driving me bananas! New to the game so not sure about much... says Cat & Mouse find a cat in a dark cave... can anyone help me:) I've looked thru everywhere regarding side quests, etc and no mention of Alexander. This is the best site I've found for info... but cannot come up with an answer to Alexander :)

Thanks

nhnona

I'm not sure which quest this is, but I will keep an eye out as I am going through the game. When I find it, I will check back here. If you don't have an answer I will post again.

Don't know where I picked him up, but the kid is driving me bananas! New to the game so not sure about much... says Cat & Mouse find a cat in a dark cave... can anyone help me:) I've looked thru everywhere regarding side quests, etc and no mention of Alexander. This is the best site I've found for info... but cannot come up with an answer to Alexander :(

Thanks

nhnona

Ah, yes I had the same kid walking around with me lol. Hated it. Umm, well you first go into the cave that the minimap marker says to. Then you kill a bunch of brigands, or maybe it raiders. Then you get this stupid cat and take the kid and cat to Griffinborough. Sorry if that wasn't very exact :)

One way I have found to get the right quest selected is to place my cursor over the NPC. Their name on the side of the screen will change to the name of the quest they are associated with. Then you can reset the quest direction finder.

I am having a tough time getting useful information from the map but then in real life I don't do so well with maps and directions ;) I have so many people following me that I they won't let me take on any new quests... most of the people following me seem to be so minor, I can't find anything on how to resolve the quest... case in point, Alexander.. I appreciate the help people have already given me... but I seem to be missing something in this game... I really really like it... I'm not giving up on it... I wander around a lot, in circles not making much progress... is it me:) If anyone can help... some of my followers are: Alexander... Gelminy... Decrepit Harpy.... Walon... Seamstress Yarnya... Author Hardbush... a bunch of Dragon Cultists... Dryad Shaman Meras and a couple of Thylius bodyguards... quite a party... I just managed to get rid of Mary Ann... quite by accident ;) thanks for any help that comes my way :)

wow I just managed to find Walon or Waton or whoever he is and get rid of him yeah !!

Edited by nhnona

You haven't mentioned if you're playing console or pc, but if you're playing on the pc I can show an easy way that should sort all those NPC's out.

You should see all the NPC icons on right side of screen with their names. But if you hover the mouse over the NPC itself you should see the NPC name change to the Quest name they are associated with.

If you're not sure what I mean I can posts a couple pics as an example....actually I'll go ahead and do it anyways, just so everyone reading this thread knows what I'm referring to (this is for pc only)

I'll use the Tutorial Runemaster as an example

1st pic shows the boy's name (Zaman) on right side

2nd pic shows the Quest Name (Tutorial Runemaster) since my mouse is hovering over NPC itself

npc1.jpg

npc2.jpg

Then the next step (pc) is to go to your quest log and look for 'tutorial runemaster' (or whatever) and click on the name. It should switch your active quest to that quest. Then your compass will point where to go. Usually the map will show an enlarged circle where your endpoint is going to be.

Then the next step (pc) is to go to your quest log and look for 'tutorial runemaster' (or whatever) and click on the name. It should switch your active quest to that quest. Then your compass will point where to go. Usually the map will show an enlarged circle where your endpoint is going to be.

I am using a PC (had to get a new one cause the game wouldn't play on my laptop...)

thanks for the info I do believe I have a little more to go on now I'm not sure the quest name shows when I hover my mouse I'll go check that out... the problem may be that I have so many NPC's listed there, if only one of them is active... I just haven't noticed so with your instructions... I'll check it out

Thanks a million