Sacred 2 Difficulty

I'm a bit annoyed as to when you make a new character, you have to go through Bronze, or Silver until the game actually gets challenging. I mean, sure, the first few levels on Silver difficulty may prove to be a challenge, where every enemy can kill you if you're caught off guard.

But as soon as you reach level 5 or so, you are pretty much invincible, and at around level 10, you can pretty much kill any enemy with one hit.

Why can't I start a new character on Gold or Platinum?, or even Niob?

Personally, I think Health Potions should be far and few between, which may make this game a bit more challenging. Or even removing Health Potions completely may make every fight a risk, and may make you think twice about attacking that unusually huge spider.

Please discuss.

Hi Blah

You can take a level 5 High Elf, or Inquisitor right into the swamps in silver, and you're saying you're invincible?

:yay:

Can you please share your build, I'd love to give this a go asap.

:Just_Cuz_21:

gogo

You can take a level 5 High Elf, or Inquisitor right into the swamps in silver, and you're saying you're invincible?

Lol

Well, I think enemies level up with you, so yeah, I guess you could go into the swamps at level 5 and survive! :Just_Cuz_21:

But if you go onto Free World, it will unlock the ports to the Dryad Island, and The Wastelands. So I guess I'll go see how I long I can survive there :yay:

I'm not sure a level 5 character can last in the swamps, especially a High Elf...since some of her Combat Arts don't work there, and you'd be looking at fewer Combat Arts to use because of diminished weapon and Ca slots. Do you think you can honestly level a brand new level 5 toon, let's say even a Shadow Warrior who has excellent viability in this part of the game here?

http://www.darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=8951

I play HC on PC, so I usually wait till I'm a few levels in before taking huge risk, and I'll be honest, Olms are REALLY tough. If you've got a build that can hang out in that part of Ancaria at such a low level, I'd love to see it's stats, and then give it a go right now.

Cheers!

:Just_Cuz_21:

gogo

Well I do have a build on Dark Matters, which is working well for me at the moment, but bearing in mind I am level 15 with my Shadow Warrior. But still, enemies are only managing to hit for like... 2 damage, that's if they get the chance to hit at all.

Linky

But anyway, we're beginning to slide off topic.

The point is. Why can't I make a new character on Gold, Platinum, or Niob? Especially if I've unlocked them with another character.

I just don't find running through the main quest constantly before I actually start to find it challenging.

Heya,

yah, I'd love to see this too :Just_Cuz_21: Especially on a full server.....

But... I do agree that silver isn't much of a challenge :yay: Have patience... Still I will never march a level 5 HC-toon into anything more than Kobold/Gahanka/Griffin, not even a Buffed up seraphim for that matter.

For most toons, lvls 1 to 70 are really no problem... after that.... your toon will get challenged.... if the build isn't strong enough, believe me, you will know. I know I killed a few this way

Have fun and Take care

Greetz

Edited by Barristan
Well I do have a build on Dark Matters, which is working well for me at the moment, but bearing in mind I am level 15 with my Shadow Warrior. But still, enemies are only managing to hit for like... 2 damage, that's if they get the chance to hit at all.

Linky

But anyway, we're beginning to slide off topic.

The point is. Why can't I make a new character on Gold, Platinum, or Niob? Especially if I've unlocked them with another character.

I just don't find running through the main quest constantly before I actually start to find it challenging.

Hi Blah

It looks like your opening topic is addressing two points. Firstly, that you stated that the game is easy because starter silver level 5 characters can play easily, which I dispute and am discussing here with you in this topic :yay:

However, I see merit in asking the second point in your topic, which is why you can't play higher levels right from the get go. The reason why I was asking my questions regarding the statement that silver is too easy, is because I actually think it's pretty challenging at level 5. This is the reason why I have never actually asked your question of why I can't start toons in higher levels, for I've never been strong enough at level five to fight most things other than those found in Sloeford, surrounding liaisons and ONLY with niobium smith sockets, would I consider venturing to what I have considered my next geographical difficulties which would be the Orc Areas.

I'm now just now curious about why you think there would be utility in being able to put a character into a niobium server, if he can't play there at level five. And this is the reason I was asking about your super build. In MP PC, there is actually merit in being able to get your toons to niobium. For example, if a person completes campaign, he is able to access a higher level... above his own levels for fighting...and which offers significant value for trading.

Our clan actually has members who run camp level up servers up to five max. They're fun, and it's usually comprised of an experienced campaign player running through all the mobs while every one else sits it out on the island.

At the end of a few hours, and with our great thanks to (lol, usually knuckles! :Just_Cuz_21:) we end up with level 2 toons that can shop in Niobium.

Now that's an advantage!

:(

gogo