Finally, a sweet rare two-hander!

After about five days of constant shopping with a niob, level 34 TG shopper, the gods were kind and... dom dom dom ...

finally.jpg

Netted meself this sweet puppy... perfect for taking out bosses, and, talk about luck... two sockets for niob smith rune socketing!

Check out the mods on this baby... Opponent's chance to reflect melee damage AND deep wounds. I've been finding two-handers the most difficult item to shop for regarding sockets. I'd heard reports from other peeps that two-handers, while they had superb mods, were very lacking on the sockets.

Killer!

:bow:

Well, Tigrul, you don't really want to hit a mob for 10k damage and have it reflected back at you, do you :bow: 2-3 reflects and you may well find yourself dead...

* Chance to inflict Open Wounds +X% - A % chance to cause Physical Damage over Time. The amount of damage over time is 50% of Physical damage dealt.

* Chance to inflict Deep Wounds +X% - Decreases enemies base health point value temporarily.

* Chance to inflict Serious Open Wounds +X% - Decreases enemies base health point value temporarily, and inflicts physical Damage over Time like Open Wounds.

this is the info you need on wounding. You can also go to the wiki page: http://sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Item_Modifiers and check some more about those.

BTW, Gogo, let me know when you guys are making more plat campaign runs... I gotta catch up with the shoppers :)

Edited by Dobri
Well, Tigrul, you don't really want to hit a mob for 10k damage and have it reflected back at you, do you :)

Of course not. But seeing as I've taken no melee char past silver, I wouldn't know about mobs reflecting melee damage. :) That's more along the lines of what I was asking. Is reflection so bad? Does it occur so frequently? And if anyone is familiar with TQ's Toxeus, how would you compare his reflection with the one in Sacred 2?

Also... if I want to play melee chars, do I need to get that opp's chance to reflect damage down by 100%? Because if reflection is as bad as you make me think, then even 1% is too high a chance, since it's, as I see it at the moment, 1% chance of instantly suiciding.

As for the wounds info, thank you! That will come in handy! :bow: I'm used to wounding damage in Diablo and TQ, and it sucks in both of those series of games. :) I'm therefore used to avoiding it, and wound mods tend to get ignored. :)

~~~

LE: "This modifier increases the speed at which the character moves while on foot. It does NOT affect the speed of mounted characters!" Damn... so +run speed doesn't count when mounted :)

Yeah, I know, off-topic. It's just that I've found this from that page you've linked to. :)

Edited by Tigrul

Well, I think they're all fixed now so you can happily stack up on them. There were times when the wound mods on some items and sets tend to harm YOU rather than the enemies :bow:

I don't get it.

What's so special about reducing the opponent's chance of reflecting melee damage?

Also... could you please explain the concept of deep wounds? :)

woooooooooo, lol I'm so happy with this find, wooooooooooooooo...lol, it just totally made my Sunday!

Tigrul, that kind of mod to reduce reflection is so useful, because at very high levels, a lot of the more creepier bosses can reflect your damage at you when they go purple. We've had many, many one-hit kills in Sacred 2, so having some protection against this, or just having our timing down pat, really helps with making it away from bosses alive, or even just with a limp :)

The Deep Wounds mod is probably my now most favoritest boss killer mod in the game.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...eep_Wounds_X%25

lol, it literally, as Antitrust wrote in his article on the wiki takes chunks out of a boss :bow:. That combined with the the other mod to help negate the boss's ability to reflect, has made this the perfect wep for me.

Dobri, Knuckles runs Clan Campaign runs, in this thread here:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?sh...c=10320&hl=

He's been the nicest guy to make time for all of us, and I'm sure on if you contact him or post, he can squeeze you into a slot.

Tigrul: A bit off the main topic but wounding/poisoning did have it's uses in D2, just mostly for PVP purposes, nothing like massive life bleed to bring someone's life down to a manageable level (I.e 1 hp)