Grim Resilience versus Reflective Emanation

Hey guys

I was playing with my ranged Shadow Warrior last night. At around level 45, I'd managed to be able to throw up a boosted buff of the Grim Resilience to about level 45 point something or other. That single buff alone was enough to be able for me to take my Shadow Warrior into the swamps, and I was happier than a pig in mud. I love Grim. The boost to Health Points it gives is nothing short of Astonishing. And it's modifiers to help throw off Detrimental Effects cast by swamp nasties is heavenly. After getting the toon to around the forties, and satisfied with early game mechanics, I'd decided to see if I could get the Reflective Emanation running. Well. I swallowed about 50 or so runes, then tried to cast it with the buff booster Plus All Skills Slot, like I did with the Grim Resillience with the great results. I was surprised at how much of a regen sucker upper Reflective Emanation is!

:thumbsup:

At least...what like three times? I was completely turned me off. With a ranged SW, the regens have to be kept to under a second. With Grim, I can easily maintain a high leveled buff with a regen of 0.8 seconds. With Reflective *gulp* the regens on my primary Combat Arts like Scything Sweep almost doubled

:)

Well, I'm just wondering now how useful in fact Reflective Emanation really is? I was looking at the kind of damage it reflects back for close ranged melee...and it just didn't seem to be anything outstanding. In fact...I was a little disapointed by it's performance.

I'm just wondering how other Shadow Warriors are balancing the two, and if at higher levels the reflected damage from RE will get any better?

Cheers

:P

gogo

Grim resilience have a regen mod, a very helpful one, without this regen mod you should have the same penalty as reflective emanation.

At high level I can have a grim resilience at 190 with 12% of penalty (thanks to the mod 2b Discipline) when my RE have already 42% of penalty with a lower level ^^

Here is the difference between health mod and health regeneration mod at high level :

Tactics lore level 424

Grim Resilience level 211 without mod : HP = 30753 Regen HP = 683/s

Grim Resilience level 211 mod Fortify : HP = 46130 Regen HP = 1024/s

Grim Resilience level 211 mod Rejuvenation : HP = 30753 Regen HP = 3141/s

As for RE I have a full reflection (melee, ranged, and CA/spell) around 80% with the mod 3b Idol, because I like to share :)

But you can reach 95% of melee reflection with the mod 3a Riposte if you want :)

Most of the time opponents can killed themselves on me (when I don't kill them myself faster)

Ahhh, the info I seeked ^^ Thanks Steph. I'm glad I took the regen mod for Grim, it certainly does help. Are you running both buffs at once? Or just one at certain times?

Since I'm planning on leveling up in the Swamps which have huge spawning, the ranged is doing a great job of taking out most of the enemies at a distance, and the Grim is enough to keep the Detrimental Effects to a low. However, I'm looking at Reflective Emanation for Bosses...where it would seem to offer a Ranged Shadow Warrior good benefits.

When you're going up against bosses, do you keep both buffs goin? And what is the regen on your primary Combat Arts you are using if you do do that?

:)

gogo

I use both buffs on a number of builds...with both on and at high levels I can walk up to any boss and it will kill itself against me without me doing anything but drinking a few health pots.

The drawback is your attack Combat Arts will be at low lvls, but with the enemies helping you kill themselves it's not really a hindrance

Always running both buff at once. ^^ Immortal shadow warrior!

76k of health (96k on mount)

4.1k in health regeneration

80% to reflect.

Demonic blow level 120 (100 runes) : 3.8s (3s in combo)

Scything sweep level 120 : 3.8s

Frenzied rampage level 100 (100 runes memorized) : 4.3s (3.4 in combo)

With the two buffs on.

Ahh, I love the regens! Cept,mine have to be under a second cuz I'm ranged :lol: Well, I'm glad though to see that it's possible to get the buffs up so high in level with non-astronomical regens. And so far, I'm getting away with only having to use Grim, and the toon's running smooth.

What level toon is this Steph?

:viking:

gogo

• 4 weeks later...

Regen per hit have never worked for me with a SW, how does this mod really works?

If I have a regen at 4.5sec and I find a ring with 4.5 or more will I then be able to spam the CA?

I find that with a high enough RE in the swamp (and toughness mastered) I don't really miss GR not running - I was playing last night and somehow forgot to invoke GR and I didn't notice it was missing until about 2 hours in. All it adds is health for me and with high enough skills, I don't get hurt in the swamp unless surrounded by olms and I don't have poison relics in the slot, but thats very rarely.

Edited by Colif

So you're using one, and I'm using the other one. I can see how the Reflective Emanation would be the more interesting one as it increases kill speed, but for my ranged, the regens are bit long with that one, and I'm tending to only use one of the buffs.

Must say having a sick amount of hp is new to me and amusing.

:drinks:

gogo