Dryad Island for Legendary and Great Drops

I read as many posts for Sacred 2 on as many forums as I can. Spidey Senses have detected that there's some sort of "thing" going on with Dryad Island and great drops.

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?s=...t&p=6854431

We've got champs there, and we've also got that Forest Guardian. I there a secret I'm not in on?

Awwwwwwwww :)

If anyone here has some skinny on the inny regarding this, feel like sharing?

Are players finding a larger percentage of legendaries in this island? And what about the tree boss there... Is he particularly good to farm? Any reason why?

Cheers!

:)

gogo

no word on epic items

however, after farming the fg over 20000 times[yes, I counted], he drops the non aspect 2.34 sets most often. the most common set drops are the 3s mf/vr pieces with a few aspect sets now and again. he does has not dropped any 2.40 sets for me.

the uniques dropped are usually rancuil's dark flame, serpent's tongue and unyielding wall, as I've found those at least once on every run with no exception. other uniques do not drop for me, and no epics neither.

he's not worth running for experience, but out of 10 runs, I can expect to find a set piece 8 times. sometimes I get a double or a triple set drop.

I do not use mf and I don't believe in using it.

the best reason for farming him is not for sets...it is the rares that he drops. for those without bargaining, this is a sweet spot if you can nail him in under 30 seconds, pop in the cave and back out again. if you're really fast, you can usually get him 2-3 times in a minute, which is easy gold, easy sets and many rares to choose from. he's dropped double skilled amulets, many good lore unlockable armor pieces as well

I would recommend using fire damage when possible and if you are melee, have some non reflect gear, though it isn't really necessary if your character isn't weak. I've never used any myself even when going melee against him

some tactics involve:

in the higher modes, don't bother hitting him until he heals once. he follows the pattern-

vine>heal>double slap

that happens in that order every time and increases in frequency of use the higher in difficulty you go. so in niob, which is the best farming time for him, wait until he heals first, then start pummeling him. stun, burn, life leech are important, but not necessary.

also, you can prevent him using his healing ca if you DO NOT ENGAGE him within melee range. I've tested this extensively in 2.40[don't know if that's changed in 2.43], and he will not heal if you do not let him hit you physically. that means disabling any pets if you're a ranged dryad. no other character can achieve this so far as I know, because no one else has a mobility disabling ca.

[edit]

forgot to add defense...

wear your poison relics, as his double slap ca is poison based. however, his normal attacks are all physical, so any physical mitigation you have is very important as this guy hits hard and fast. if you have a shield for cc/ca blocking, I would highly recommend using it.

Edited by soldats

Heya,

now... not that I've found many epics... but tis true that those I did find, came from Dryad Isle. Same Loki's on two different seraphim's.

It might even be, that in epics case, Dryad Isle functions as other regions do not..... I don't know, just as wild a guess for me as for the next.

Greetz

spent about 3 hours hunting the fg...about 25 seconds per run.

no epics

lots of sets...sometimes a triple drop

and still, no champ trees have dropped an epic for me

perhaps it's bad luck