A (possibly not so) random query

OK, having finally beaten the Grand Inquisitor, I'm wondering about protecting against reflected damage. I am not 100% certain, but believe he reflects my damage back to me. I finally beat him with the "G", but am thinking that perhaps the correct relics would help, too. Does the reflected damage retain it's elemental type? If so, then when I am pasting foes with ice damage, if they are likely to reflect, I should be wearing ice relics. So in addition to whatever damage a foe does, I should also protect against my own? Especially since my damage is usually quite a bit more than the foes will dish out.

A rather newb query from a long time player -- still learning the ropes, though.

One thing that makes me 'wonder' with the GI is if his reverse polarity is modded to reflect melee and magic? I have fought him with many melee characters and he never hurts them and some of my melee chars can dish out some nice melee damage..

I'm doing ranged ice damage rather than melee or magic. And he is either reflecting or else has a lot of widd (at least in S1 it was called widd). I usually get him almost slivered without much damage to me, and then -- pow -- I'm dead, or nearly so. But the other, more important question is, does reflected damage retain it's elemental nature?

For all I know, it does retain it. That's a severe setback, especially if you play BFG Seraphim, because you are most likely doing damage pretty close to your total HP values. For example, while playing Charity (dead now), if I crit myself with the damage I had on the BFG, I'd die without an adequate Warding Energy shield.

Still, it seems that the Inquisitor boss before the great machine doesn't reflect that often, but if that happens, it's most likely going to hurt...

Ok I was wondering about that guy. Must have been a reflection that nearly killed me in two hits. I did a Demonic Blow on him and he must have reflected it back because a huge chunk of my life went down. So how are you supposed to really take the guy out if he reflects? It's like you're being punished for being powerful, which is kinda neat in a twisted way. I guess I should have thrown down the Augmenting Guidon first.