Sacred 2 Won't Start, Help Please?

Hey all, hopefully one of our techs can fix this. Sooo, I got EU Sacred 2 in mail today, and just installed it. Also installed the elite gfx graphics that came with the game. There is no icon to click on for startup for the sacred application, I can only start the game when I insert the disk and autorun starts up. But then the game goes through the intro of the producers- ascaron and deepsilver- and then...nothing! I can hear the background music from the consoles going on in the background, but no visual, it's all black. Also, then my monitor flips out and starts saying "video driver igfx has encountered a problem". Playing on a Dell Windows Vista if that matters, and have installed the recent service packs. Thanks :)

Ryan, I just caught this topic late last night and sent you pm, ahh, you got the game! Were you able to get it going? lol, I'm no tech wizard, but maybe we can attract some attention from our gifted comp wizards.

:whistle:

gogo

A Dell... model/specs on it? A DXDiag would work best, but if it's a generic base model of some brand, that can work too because the dell site isn't awful at listing them.

• 2 weeks later...

thx Zin and gogo for the offer to help. Took the CP to Geek Squad at the nearest Best Buy and they are removing a nasty virus I picked up doing chemistry homework and installing a new graphics card and upgrading the memory while their at it. I get to pick up CP on Thursday so I'll hopefully see you EU players then or day after. :paladin:

If you're still having a problem with it you need to update the physix drivers (NOT gfx drivers) to the latest version. Even if you have no intention of using physix at all. I had the same problem when I first installed but updating drivers cleared it up no worries.