A Few Questions on a Pyro High Elf

perfectgamer22

So I belive I put this in the wrong post becasue it was moved on me :P (sorry).

And by the way I really do enjoy this site and coming here for help..decided to join up finally

I have a high elf that is level 51 HE and her barganing is at 132 (with +57 all skills and a few general skills) she was finding good stuff at the shops until recently... I was doing the orc cave and all of the sudden all four of the orcs hit me with about 1100 damage twice at the same time so I couldnt get my potions drank in time. She did havea survival bonus of about 89% now she has 22%.

My question is: what affect does the suvival bonus have on your character in regaurds to drops and things you find at shops?

Also, it would seem that everytime I put more all skill stuff on (like adding to the +57) her combat arts drop in damage. now I have not eaten but one ruin in each combat art, becasue I was under the impresion that it was not needed until much higher levels (so most of the build guids suggest). Her regen times are great (0.1 for fireball and 0.3 for the rest off the tree) so she can make up for damage by casting them so fast. I dont wanna eat ruins in fear of changing armor and lossing my regen times. so what I'm getting at is, is there a way to raise my combat art damage with out sacrificing regen times too much becase I love to cast about 6 temtest waves all over the screen and mow mobs down. it would seem that now in gold it is not enough and I KNOW in platnium and beyond it WILL NOT be enough... Help is much appriciated!

EDIT: (AND I think I put it in the wrong place once again -- Please forgive the noob :( )

Edited by gogoblender

with my little bit of Sacred 2 gaming. and alot of restarts due to mr.reaper. I haven't noticed any changes due to sb vs. items. I might be wrong and hope I am, but from what I've seen so far there is no affect.

Thank you gogo ... I see your post quite a bit. MOst of the time I find my answers from your posts.

Hope someone responds soon or ill be forced to go back to my shaddow warrior :whistle: not that theirs anything wrong with him I just need to farm for all skills and better weaponry with my elf. And shes strugeling to stay alive

First thing that comes to mind is adding some fire damage rings to your gear or even better some niob damage forge. That will get the damage up for sure.

"niob damage forge" ok that doesnt ring a bell

<----and thats sad casue if I had to guess I would assume something with the niobium difficulty but the rest no clue

I have tryed to add to fire damage when I can, its just really difficult to find specific things and here lately it seems all becasue I died once its getting extremely difficult to find rares at all

perfectgamer22: im in the same spot as you...my HE is level 73

im just hoping that with pyro mastery at 75 the damage will increase.

I actually tried putting +% spell intensity to my gear and when I looked at the stats MAGIC ATTACK went up by about 110%, I thought this would help me but im doing the same amount of damage as before @_@

Edited by Shadow_Prince

Yap you are close Niob forge is forge that you get in Niob difficulty. Find someone that has access to niob and give him the gear you want forged and he can take it to niob for you and put some niob forge from the isle NPC there.

You said you have good bargan. why not shop for some rings with fire damage. You can fidn some really good ones in the shops.

Firedamage/experience; firedamage/deathblow; firedamage/magicfind this are all very very good types of rings.

Hope that clears up the niob forge thingy. :whistle:

Well well well, it would appear that I was a little premature to be complaining about my HE. I spent a couple of hours shopping around like was suggested, however, I didnt find as many +fire dammage with +all skills in them. I did find quite a bit of +5all skills and +4... kinda started becasue I was so angry for not being able to find the stupid light sabers everyone is so desperate to find... during my search I kept coming across more and more +all skills so I really couldnt complain.

Since my previous post ive bumped up my +57 all skills to about +67 (and found four light sabers with 3 slots in each :sigh: )

well my damage almost tripled with the increase of the all skills!! I was so excited I almost pee'd my pants. not really but ya know.

I have 2 more questions though

A. Do Uniques for armor ever show up in the shops? my baragning is almost 3 times my level and I havent seen hardly any 3 star armor peices

B. I understand that SB must = MR right? If so now that the % has dropped will it be more difficult to find set armor? And in saying that ive noticed when I start a MP game when there are different characters in the game I find their crap in the shops and drops. Does there SB and EP play a roll in the drops I get as well?

Thank you all for the reply's; been really helpful

Well you fixed the problem with messing around with the +Skills. Its always good to have as much as you can of them.

You can have a really strong shopping set just to get your shopping even higher.

A. No they dont show in shops and dont spend time lookinf for a 3 slot HE armor in a shop there isnt one. The only 3 slots armors for the HE are the two from the sets.

b. For finding sets is always good to do quests the long quests give sets and you will sooner or later get one. Do the easter quest and all the short quests along the way as well the quests in the small town east of Khorum in desert. You will get a lot of experience on short quests and get a lot better chance of getting sets. :sigh:

katran, when you say niob forging do you just mean socketing items with rings/amulets in niob difficulty? does it have extra bonuses when doing it in niob difficulty?

I ask because I just hit niob difficultly. is it worth it to re socket my stuff if I had socketed it in plat difficulty?

• 2 weeks later...

OK... I have to pick the last skill for her and I cant decide between Shield Lore and Combat Discipline.

She's hurting in gold at level 64 near the jungle but I dont know if thats becasue she only has 8600+ HP (probably), but never the less I'm at an impass here.

If I take SL ill porbably survive a bit better since I have the stalinworth (or whatever) at level 75

If I take CD ill probably mow people down alot quicker.

I guess what I need to know before I pick either of them is how much will each of them increase my stats. I do have about 85+all skills on so whichever I chose will increase either subsantionaly.

My fireballs: 0.2 regen/1200 damage

Temptest: 0.6 regen/500 and 800 per second burn

Shower: 0.6regen/1756 damage

How much would they increase if I chose CD since it will be at 86?

Now sheild lore, this would be the first time I picked it so im not sure how much it would benifit me or even where I could find out.

SO if anyone can shed a little light on this matter I would apprciate it.