Gamer Tags Here in DarkMatters Profiles for our Members!

Hey guys

I don't know why this didn't happen sooner (maybe cuz I'm lazy and just want to play sacred 2 :)) but we were thinking that as well as having a topic running where peeps are listing their gamer tags, we could also insert a player editable field in peoples' profiles, so that when they make a post here at DarkMatters, the gamer tag as well as platform will show.

Question.

Would this help?

And does the word "Gamer Tag" work for both PS3 and XBOX 360?

:o

gogo

p.s.

The new fields are in and can now be accessed via My Controls, then Edit Profile Information.

There are 3 new fields:

• PlatformWhat is your current gaming platform?
  • GamertagXBOX 360 Users
  • PSN IDPlaystation 3 Users

If you don't want to upset the hardcore fanboys, then you're gonna wanna use "Gamertag" for 360 and "PSN ID" for PS3.

We've done something similar over on my site where everyone can add their console names/codes under their avatars, as well as a simple tag to allow gamercards and trophycards to be viewable in signatures.

Need a hand? :)

Edited by Blokeymon

Thanks blokey, that was exactly the kind of info I was looking for. I can make the fields content sensitive so that they only show up if they're filled in, and peeps can edit them right from registration and even after.

Btw...nice site! It's busy and very nicely set up. Congratulations! Ahhh, are you as addicted to community as we are? You must be if you have great code like that running ^^ I know Schot is a huge fan of bb code, and he's always looking at ways of connecting people's contributions to better expressions like graphics and content. His last big foray was the icons for Sacred 2 Combat Arts and Skill and Attributes that anyone here can now easily put into their guides and raise the level of information with.

I'll have Schot come take a look at this topic, and he may be interested in your technology.

Cheers!

:)

gogo

Addicted is not the word! :) Its almost like life itself! We've been going around 18 months now and while we're not as busy or big as I'd like to be (it seems we only have the same old 10 or so posting), we've had some good times. :)

Those codes under avatars wasn't done by me directly, but I do know how it works. I dunno how different phpBB is to the code you guys use, but it should be pretty darned easy to copy it across and convert it as needed.

The gamer/trophy cards in the signatures is even easier to do - I know this because I did it myself. :D

As a whole, adding new BB tags is as easy as you want to make them. To be honest, I can't code for toffee, but I can look at someone else's and adapt it as needed. I've added codes to allow Youtube embeds, Gametrailer embeds, and more. If either yourself or Schott wants to take a peek at the codes we got, give me a shout and I'll send them your way.

Edited by Blokeymon

The new fields are in, I'll make an announcement post for this in a few minutes. Blokey wanted to thank you again for the help on this, I appreciate it.

The new fields can be accessed via My Controls, then Edit Profile Information.

There are 3 new fields:

• PlatformWhat is your current gaming platform?
  • GamertagXBOX 360 Users
  • PSN IDPlaystation 3 Users

If anyone wants to give this a go, we can see how it looks in the author profiles.

gogo

@ gogo - Nice work! Although I'll just make a note here and now and confirm I am a man, and the XBL Gamertag is the wife's, cos we have a console each, and just use the same profiles. Honest!

@ Zinsho - Yes. Yes I did. :) If you googled "uuddlrlrba" before my site, the number one result was the .com site, which if you see it, you'll probably agree its a waste of money. Now, the number one result is us. :D

lol funny about the name... who's the better game player you or your wife ^^

And..I changed the title of this topic to be the announcement thread. I'm almost out of coffee

gogo

Bonkety Bump!

This bump's for all the thousands of players here who many not know about this and want to hook up and party with fellow console users. Cool seeing that all the newest registrants are filling in the fields, and hoping this will help peeps join up.

gogo

p.s. She's spoiled Blokey :)