Regarding Gear Set Levels - Benefits?

Just a quick question......I understand that gear has different stats at different levels...With that being said is low level gear obsolete? Im playing a dryad and I want to get Detheyas set...If I got the set peices now...at level 20..at what point will I have to get them over again? At what level to they become obsolete and I need to trade for a new set? Im just wondering because I dont see a point in trying to obtain these peices if Im going to have to obtain them again at a higher level. Is this the way of thinking or am I thinking wrong? Will low level sets still benefit me at a higher level...Is this game better of investing your gear in higher levels? I just dont want to make any moves for something that will be obsolete later...Someone enlighten me please.

Modifiers on set pieces and all other gear improves with level so a level 20 set piece will have lower stats than a level 75 set piece.

A level 75 character is very unlikely to wear a level 20 piece of gear.

It is tough to say just what the longevity a certain piece of gear will have because it depends on so many factors (number of slots, presence of a rare modifier, etc.)

You do not need to go out of your way to invest in your gear if you are leveling quickly because you will outlevel your current gear and find stuff that is more effective and appropriate for your level.

One way to invest in your gear is to collect amulets, rings, runes that contain a particular modifier that you want and can be socketed in to gear multiple times as you level up.

Low level items are useful on low level characters, if you plan to build a new dryad again in the future, the old gear will be useful once again.

The bonuses from the set as a whole scale, so 1 level 20 item to get that bonus you want (if there is such) can still be worthwhile. As to other bonuses... it depends what you want/need. However in general you'll probably want to start changing your gear every 10-20 levels (possibly less) as of around level 45-50. At least that's roughly the rule of thumb that I use when levelling up.

Low level items are useful on low level characters, if you plan to build a new dryad again in the future, the old gear will be useful once again.

The bonuses from the set as a whole scale, so 1 level 20 item to get that bonus you want (if there is such) can still be worthwhile. As to other bonuses... it depends what you want/need. However in general you'll probably want to start changing your gear every 10-20 levels (possibly less) as of around level 45-50. At least that's roughly the rule of thumb that I use when levelling up.

So is this game similiar to Wow in the fact that max level gear is when this game truly begins.....When I acheive max level and hunt for gear, is that what is most sought at in a game like this?

I'll take the ranged dryad as an example for what I'm having to do with sets these days.

I'm using the Detheya's because of it's massive destruction with the ranged weapons...only problem is, Detheya's comes with just as massive regens that have to be balanced before you can wear the set and manage to get away with a level 50 (more at later levels) Darting Assault with regens of around 0.6

Because of this, I've had to switch out some shoulders which give the build a big boost to regens and help me get the firing rate under a more useful control... I'll have to wear the set like this until I get to level 100, after which I'll be comfy putting on the full set, thereby gaining the massive damage through the huge boost to levels of the Darting Assault with the regens controlled properly at that level with higher skill levels and attributes.

Full Detheya's set has the best % leech in the game, and flattens bosses, but is sort of wasted against mobs (unless they're champs). I decided to not wear the full set because I'm mostly mobbing my way up to level 100, and the percentage leech it gives isn't that hot against mobs, because the hp of regular enemies isn't that great to fully utilize the last bonus offered by the full set.

It's pretty much just a waiting game till I can wear the full set properly with decent regens.

Look to see what kind of bonus a full set gives you, and then look at what kind of game you're playing. In my case, the full detheya's set's regens were SO huge, that it was lowering my kill speed because the CA would fire off every 1.2 - 1.4 seconds...disastrous

:(

gogo