EU Servers - Possible to Play with an American Copy?

Can I play on the EU servers with my version of sacred 2?

I beleive the answer is that your US Key can be used to unlock an EU version of the game which is necessary to play on EU servers.

Quote from the SIF:

"No, you still need the main client region to match the add-on region in order to install. It just means you can use your purchased key to install any region of the main client.

So you still need a UK version of the main client in order to install a UK version of the add-on. I am just saying you don't have to re-purchase a key. Your US key will work to install a UK client, then purchase a UK Ice & Blood when it's release.

You will obviously be playing online on EU servers though. Until the add-on gets release in the US all US servers will remain version 2.43."

Source: http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...5910&page=2

If I remember correctly. The game is the same the us has just pre set in one of the files to connect to the US servers and has a CDKey that comes with it that connects to the US servers. You need a CD key for the EU version and then you just change a line in one of the files and your US game can connect to the EU lobby. But you need an EU cdkey to do this.

If I remember correctly. The game is the same the us has just pre set in one of the files to connect to the US servers and has a CDKey that comes with it that connects to the US servers. You need a CD key for the EU version and then you just change a line in one of the files and your US game can connect to the EU lobby. But you need an EU cdkey to do this.

To validate what Katran is sayin..

I have my US version installed.

Once you PURCHASE the EU or UK version, (You can buy just serial from http://deepsilveruk.nexway.com/qte.html?REF=661681).

It gave me no choice of server to create account with and auto selected EU servers.

The pain is server switching, which Erling had mentioned in another post, or editing .txt files.

Which is a pain.

I just went through this recently, no bull.

And yes, I unregistered my US license, and tried to fool it.

Must note,, My version Direct2Drive download.

Jet

To validate what Katran is sayin..

I have my US version installed.

Once you PURCHASE the EU or UK version, (You can buy just serial from http://deepsilveruk.nexway.com/qte.html?REF=661681).

It gave me no choice of server to create account with and auto selected EU servers.

The pain is server switching, which Erling had mentioned in another post, or editing .txt files.

Which is a pain.

I just went through this recently, no bull.

And yes, I unregistered my US license, and tried to fool it.

Must note,, My version Direct2Drive download.

Jet

my other question is whats so great about EU servers anyways