Spell resistance skill

I read [edit: on the wiki] that spell resistance does not work (does not do anything).

"WARNING: in the current patch (2.34) the skill-based Spell Resistance bonus is not displayed. Currently the bonus to spell resistance (stat) is not working, though the mastery & spell-crit reduction is working. "

Is this true? If yes, is it true for Console only, for PC only or not true at all.

I die a lot versus the temple guardian fire traps that they throw and these frustrate me lots - yes, I do put the fire relics on before going into this area but I die anyway. Will spell resistance help against these?

I'm using a pyro elf considering it as the final skill versus delphic lore or combat discipline. Thanks.

Edited by ka243

As far as I'm aware and I could be wrong (there could be more), the only skills that are bugged on consoles are Blacksmith, Combat Discipline and alchemy (the latter not bugged per se just been poorly implemented).

To be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if there's issues with Spell Resistance as there's tons of issues that remain as things stand.

With the console version you're better to assume something is broken until proven otherwise.

I die a lot versus the temple guardian fire traps that they throw and these frustrate me lots - yes, I do put the fire relics on before going into this area but I die anyway. Will spell resistance help against these?

I believe they are doing magic damage, so try putting on your Arcane relics and see if it helps.

It will

TG's have very powerful magic damage. I use just blue relics, and that's usually enough to at least stop damage from being heart breaking.

Those traps, like the ones thrown by Olms look like fire, but they're actually magic... go figger :)

:)

gogo

THAT Explains it!! I thought they were fire damage. I had quite low magic resistance. Bugger temple guardians. If you get hit with 2 fire traps at once you're pretty much out.

By the way, the wiki says spell resistance is partly broken:

"WARNING: in the current patch (2.34) the skill-based Spell Resistance bonus is not displayed. Currently the bonus to spell resistance (stat) is not working, though the mastery & spell-crit reduction is working. "

Is this still true that the bonus to spell resistance (stat) does not work? That makes it less interesting.

I'm not sure that Spell Resistance is broken, it's just very difficult to see if it's working (short of someone doing a proper statistical analysis, possibly in PvP so you can get the Spell Intensity as well). I've posted about Spell Resistance before, but basically it gives you a better chance to partially reduce the damage from spells (which is all the spell resist stat does normally, spell resist the skill simply makes that more likely to happen). So we can't see it working because we don't know whether we were "supposed" to take the full damage (ie, we would have failed the spell resist/spell intensity check "without" the SR skill) or not (ie, we would have succeded in the spell resist/spell intensity check even without the SR skill), and there are so many different layers applied to the damage calculation that it's hard to pick up the random effect of Spell Resistance from the statistical noise.

Last I heard, the Spell Resistance skill was working properly (as of build 1556, which is definitely prior to 2.43).

Last I heard, the Spell Resistance skill was working properly (as of build 1556, which is definitely prior to 2.43).

Thanks for that. As far as I know we're on 2.34 or something like that, so if spell resistance got fixed in 2.43 it probably doesn't work correctly on consoles.

Edited by ka243

Thanks for that. As far as I know we're on 2.34 or something like that, so if spell resistance got fixed in 2.43 it probably doesn't work correctly on consoles.

Nope, you're earlier than 2.34, since 2.34 was the one that had the Xmas isle.

My impression (without knowing which version b1556 was), is that Spell Resist has been working longer than people think it has due to the difficulty in seeing whether it's working or not.