Contest: Lowest level character

I thought this would be a neat contest. Try to kill the nameless guardians in niobium at the lowest level possible without help from another player in the fight.

Show pictures of the character after you win, tell us how you did it and include the build.

I'll see how I do with my elf which is currently 84 and is probably nowhere near being able to do it.

What is the lowest level you killed the last boss on niobium and what was the build?

If you were building a character for this purpose, what would it look like? I'm thinking maybe a temple guardian or seraphim would be the way to go because of the energy shield access.

Edited by ka243
I thought this would be a neat contest. Try to kill the nameless guardians in niobium at the lowest level possible without help from another player in the fight.

Show pictures of the character after you win, tell us how you did it and include the build.

I'll see how I do with my elf which is currently 84 and is probably nowhere near being able to do it.

What is the lowest level you killed the last boss on niobium and what was the build?

If you were building a character for this purpose, what would it look like? I'm thinking maybe a temple guardian or seraphim would be the way to go because of the energy shield access.

BFG all the way. I hit noib in about 40 hours at level 75. could have done it faster but I was having too much fun killing everything on the map. I bet I could have finished by 75 if I ran nothing but the main quest starting on silver.

I know that around x-mas 2008 I finished niob with a polearm melee-elf at level 93. Build didn't survive my eye surgery and changing to a new computer with way bigger screen.

arcane lore and focus, ice focus, fire focus, concentration, armour, constitution, tactics, polearms and speed lore

All attributes dexterity, since dex-based polearms had less damage, but more than half fire damage if you found a nice yellow one in niob. And the 2 fire buffs really boosted that for left clicks, doing like 8000 damage left click while having magic coup at 1 second. Socketed a ice piece to have ice damage and slow from left clicks. Was not bad for a first real character.

I was mainly running without fighting much except champions. Defense came from spells, expulse magic, cascading shroud, meteors, raging nimbus, all modified for stun, slowing, less for damage, 2 possible skins, .....

But that was single player, and I had 5 deaths, one at silver when our twins climbed on my knees and I wasn't looking at screen, and then the nasty turtle champions entering niob:

Stray damage magic coup, chance to hit more enemies from polearms and I hit out of screen turtles, not knowing what killed me. 3 More deaths to reproduce what it was, since my survival bonus was down anyway. Where the last deaths before I lost the character at around level 140.

My alchemy melee elf without weapon skill finished niob at level 110. mainly 4 people LAN. This character is hardcore.

Heya,

mmm, melee TG went Niob at level 89, must have finished Niob at level 110-115. My Archangel did it faster.... I really don't keep track of these things, so I haven't got any screenies :)

Good luck and lots of fun on the contest tho :D Sounds like a nice competition.

Greetz

Edited by Barristan

Seems like loco's bfg build is the winner so far - would be happy to see the build for that.

I hoped this would interest more people as the game can get repetitive if you just play without having a specific challenge in mind. Thanks to those who posted and I'd be interested to see the build of any character who can finish niob level 75 or lower :).

I decided the pyro elf I made probably has no chance to finish before level 100 so I want to make another build that could do it.

Chattius, what skins were you using versus the guardians? I guess fire skin versus the fire attacking one and ice skin versus the others? I shoulda taken ice skin on my fire elf too instead of EP.

Edited by ka243
Seems like loco's bfg build is the winner so far - would be happy to see the build for that.

I hoped this would interest more people as the game can get repetitive if you just play without having a specific challenge in mind. Thanks to those who posted and I'd be interested to see the build of any character who can finish niob level 75 or lower :).

I decided the pyro elf I made probably has no chance to finish before level 100 so I want to make another build that could do it.

Chattius, what skins were you using versus the guardians? I guess fire skin versus the fire attacking one and ice skin versus the others? I shoulda taken ice skin on my fire elf too instead of EP.

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showforum=376

This is Dobri's build. concentrate on just the main quest and having good regen times by level 35 or so then start pumping runes in to BFG no other runes neccessary except pelting strike, battle Stance, BFG until later in the game. need to be able to socket lots of +all skill to get her really rockin fast. link

Would like to see what the lowest possible character level someone has completed silver on, without dying and without uber damage, +skills and whatnot rings and amulets socketed into the gear. just using what you've found or bought with that specific character.

My BFG was only in the high teen's but she got levelled by the dragon boss on seraphim islands, so it was back to the drawing board.

my crowning moment in gaming was completing oblivion at level one, but because the enemies scale, I suppose it wasn't that great a feat.

Nothing better than attempting to roadrunner an RPG just to see how things pan out.

Edited by BlackJAC

Its a similar question and perhaps one that is easier to answer since its easier to beat silver than niob. So if you think you have a build that can beat a difficulty at a very low level, lets hear it :).