Cannot for the life of me beat the Kobold Chieftan

I can never seem to beat the Kobold Chieftan because his health regens faster than I can damage him. I'm playing a High Elf at level 10 (will be 11 by the next time I reach him) on Silver. Is this a boss that you need a group of people to take out or does anyone know of a way that I can beat him solo with a High Elf?

If I need a group, is it possible to get others in on my game if I already set it as an offline game? Or if I need to wait until a higher level, what level and skills would I need?

Being a low level character and in silver it can be tough to beat the bosses until you start to level up and do some real damage. All I can suggest is to try deal either magic, poison or ice damage to which he has least (no?) resistance - sourced from here: Gahanka

I've never really had troubles beating him as a HE, but I usually use a fairly buffed up Glacial Thorns. I actually will sometimes use the flame wall against him, even though he's more likely to be resistant to it, but using those two in conjunction has gotten me pretty far.

Anyways, I hope that you can at least try that out, and that it might help. If you didn't notice already, SacredWiki has battle stats on most of the big bosses ;3

Good luck! <3

~Jaggy

I usually don't go after him untill level 15-18. As a caster HE is weak until later levels ~level 50. If you use a sword with Magic Coup you may have better luck. I typically use the Kobald Chief as a test to see if I'm ready to advance into the undead area east of sloeford. The earliest I have ever beat him was with a BFG seraphim build at level 8.(way overpowered build with huge gun!) If you try to jack your damage up at that low level just for this 1 boss you may foul your whole build. better to pump Grand Invigoration and level normally for a while and come back to him

Edited by locolagarto

Well, I beat him at level 13. Took a bow which I added glacial thorns and just basically sat back and nailed him with arrows, glacial thorns, and cobalt strike as they became available. About 20 lite healing potions later, I was able to take him down. I think now with the way I'm playing my HE I'm leaning towards a Mystic Stormright/ Pyro combination type build.

Haha. I feel like suuuch an idiot reading over these posts. My HE is at lv33 now and I still can't beat the Kobold Chief. I know I'm using a good build too...ppl recommended it to me and it's one of the pyro casters from this forum.

Anyone have tips on how to beat the KC w/ a pyro HE? I have no problem absorbing hits anymore but I can't damage him at all. I always use my Tesla divine gift on him and then he heals faster than I can kill him...

Like loco said the pyro he is a hard build till higher level I used the Valkyrie build which starts out very strong melée then gets the ice magic rolling later. With this build I took the chief out at level 6. Which totally jazzed me to really get into this build. I'm currently at 78 on platnium with Delphic focus and lore at 75 and every swing I do with coup gets me and additional damage pop up. Not sure why it does that but I'm lovin it. Pretty much one hit kills with coup or glacial thorns. And modding expulse for damage/undead/block magic wipes out groups in one pulse.

Best way to go for a low level pyro elf versus the kobold cheiftan is to grab a decent bow and socket some elemental damage conversion into it (poison or ice should work great). If you have some -% chance to evade socketables they will help a great deal with hitting more often (even whet blacksmith arts should do the trick).

Try this build. My brother is building it. current level 77 on platinum and kicking butt. http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12525

That does look similar to the idea I had for playing this character. I still haven't played too much into Sacred 2, but I have decided from playing a little bit of everything that my favorite classes are High Elf and Dryad. Obviously, I need more time to try out some classes fully so I'm still very much in the process of deciding on what I really want to play. I have a fair amount of experience playing other rpg's, but am still trying to get a handle on the mechanincs of this game. Normally I prefer to play a summoner build, but I'm not thinking of that as a good possibility for Sacred 2 based on the somewhat poor A.I. I've seen from the creatures.

every swing I do with coup gets me and additional damage pop up. Not sure why it does that but I'm lovin it.

I'd say that youve modified your magic coup CA to do life leech as its second mod. The game displays any damage from life leech as additional damage.

every swing I do with coup gets me and additional damage pop up. Not sure why it does that but I'm lovin it.

I'd say that youve modified your magic coup CA to do life leech as its second mod. The game displays any damage from life leech as additional damage.

Ahh so that's it. I modded this CA in the real early levels but it never showed anything additional untill I had both lore and focus at mastery. That would also explain the icie visual effects I see going on now that mystic lore and focus are also mastered. Now question is how do I get that "Additional Damage 1" to increase?

I don't know about mastering anything showing effects. Additional damage was something that was introduced in a patch I think as a way of letting us see how much damage the life leech was doing. The icicle effects are probably a combat art...crystal skin maybe? Increasing additional damage is just a matter of socketing life leech +x which appears on rings and some weapons. Or some set bonuses and throwing stars and spears I think add a percentage life leech...+x%

I had this same issue w/ this guy on different types of toons dryad,SW, and seraphim till I learned hes insanely weak to sward damge. on my shadow the 1st time I tried I was using an axe. seraphim I was using beeffgee and dryad bow. killled on all 3 at 13 w/ a sword in hand in no time. wanted to try mains 1st to see if I could muster it up and win.