AFK Experience - Any character with reflect?

Taken from the shadow warrior section, someone had this idea to gain experience while not paying attention to the game:

requirements:

high defense

high hit point regeneration

reflection buff

"in the forrest right out side of Grunwald Cave Dragon location, there are human mobs that summon elementals that will attack you. keep reflective emenation up, and make sure your health is regenerating too fast for the elementals to do any real damage. stand in the middle of a crowd of these human summoners, and just let the elementals attack while RE mows them down. any additional mobs will be killed by RE, discovered this doing a solo boss run on the dragon in gold difficulty. the summoners will not attack you themselves, but will keep summoning elementals.

with my normal equipment on and stats, I have 4040 armor, 6.2k hp, and 132/s hit point regeneration. at level 50 in gold difficulty these mobs do not budge my health"

The author tried this effectively with a shadow warrior with grim resilience and reflective emanation.

Has anyone tried it with another character and what were the results?

High Elf Inc skin can be modded for close combat reflect as can dryad ancient bark.

High elf can also have very high hp regen with grand invigoration and dryad with ancient bark modded for healing.

Inquisitor has a reflect buff too.

Edited by ka243

No, its definitely slower. Playing is obviously much faster and preferable. I'd rather play all day than do a lot of other things :) The point would be to get experience while you are not able to actually be in front of the computer/console if you want to level the characters but have a limited time that you can spend playing.

An immediate application I could see for a PC player would be levelling a character to be a blacksmith if you don't have one already and don't want to spend the time doing it. For XBOX players, its a good way to level characters in order to test new builds out without actually spending the time playing to level them up because we can't download test characters online to test in single player or something like that.

In old sacred 1 on PC, I could create a character, level to level 20 for example without making skill picks and make a copy. Then I could use that character to test out new builds. No way to do this on sacred 2 for xbox ;).

Edited by ka243

I can/will test, however, can you provide me with the location on the map.

Also, the enemies will keep generating? You are certain?

Also.....skele summons should help killing off the enemies too, not just reflection....if modded correctly for legevity of their lifespan.

It's by the portal in Grunwald, using the skellies will kill of the summoners so that's not the way to gain some AFK experience, only use reflect as the summoners will never attack you only the summoned creatures will.

I can/will test, however, can you provide me with the location on the map.

Also, the enemies will keep generating? You are certain?

Also.....skele summons should help killing off the enemies too, not just reflection....if modded correctly for legevity of their lifespan.

Yep, the skelletons will kill the summoners. Let us know the results of your test : Are you playing with Ice & Blod or not, Class, How much reflection%, how long you tried it for, level at beginning of test, level at end of test if possible :) thanks.

Edited by ka243

I was not aware the inquisitor could boost reflected damage - this would make this tactic even more effective for him potentially. Not everybody plays with the addon as some of us are console players who will never get the addon.

As long as you can survive and keep reflecting damage back to the monsters, the amount of damage you reflect shouldn't matter. It will just take longer to kill the monsters than previously if you can reflect a lesser amount of damage.

Edited by ka243