Why are there NO Australian Servers?!

Well it has come to my attention that there are NO Australian servers, not even one. EVERY EU server is German. Why is that?

Whats the point of having multiplayer if its not going to have a server for every country instead of just one?

Everyone is German on the EU Servers, I have not met any Australians at all.

Can someone tell me why? Am I on the wrong server or something because everyone is German. No I didn't download Sacred 2, I bought it for a good $129.95 at EB.

Why is that?

Because the publishers were douchebags that didn't want to pay for proper servers.

All severs are located in Germany. Not everyone is german though, there are plenty of english speaking folks.

Im from Aus and play on the servers :) Been playing the expansion recently which seems to have alot more german players than any other country at the moment. Im guessing (hoping) that it will begin to build up, but on the whole, we just have to put up with it...and some insane lag ><

On the EU servers there are German French Italian and English servers. But even though they are different types people dont really go on there own servers which is really good. They just pick a server they like and play on it.

As for the expansion well it normal there to be mostly Germans since they had a chance to get it for a month now and we got access to it last friday. Plus a lot of people my self included wont rush into it till they stack up on gear and even when that un official patch comes out.

Well it has come to my attention that there are NO Australian servers, not even one. EVERY EU server is German. Why is that?

Whats the point of having multiplayer if its not going to have a server for every country instead of just one?

Can someone tell me why? Am I on the wrong server or something because everyone is German. No I didn't download Sacred 2, I bought it for a good $129.95 at EB.

Okay.......

Every EU server is German because thats the most cost effective way the distributors could provide free servers.

Running a server is not cheap. Having the servers in one locality is cost effective.

The point of having multiplayer but only having one country support the servers is for the above reason.

You have not met any Australians online because of a few reasons.

1. There are simply not many Australians who have bought the game......it has not been a big seller in Oz.

2. Those that have bought the game (such as myself) have probably played the game since when it was released and have gotten bored with it. We are still waiting for the addon to be released in Oz, when hopefully we will start playing again.

3. You might be going online when other aussies are simply not online. Now that daylight saving is in force in some of the eastern states, there is quite a large time difference across Australia.

You are not on the wrong server. Almost all aussies bought the Deep Silver version of the game which uses the EU servers.

And btw......at $129.95, you got ripped off mate. :)

Can someone tell me why?

I migth sound like a douche... but its probebly because there is mostly german players..

I understand that you want to play with english speakers... (typers? -.- ) but... whats the deal with needing em to be Astralian?

Edited by Erling
but... whats the deal with needing em to be Astralian?

Because aussies are cool :)

and I guess because, like me, we would like to play online in the same time zone occasionally :)

EVERY EU server is German. Why is that?

They`re not all German

Servers cost money, us sharing servers with others lets us meet peeps from all over the world.

Everyone is German on the EU Servers,

Nope, not true

I have not met any Australians at all.

Post more on these boards, attempt to meet other Aussie players, befriend and see if you can match times

I bought it for a good $129.95 at EB.

Hugely enormous price, I`ve never seen it sold for that much... most prices I`ve seen are about a third of that.

Welcome to Darkmatters

:)

gogo

That's $129.95 Australian, not US. Still got ripped off though. Check gamehead.com.au, that's where I got mine, for about $80.

I don't play online because of the lag. I'd absolutely love to play HC characters online with the folks on these forums, but death by lag frustrates me waaayyy too much.

Okay.......

Every EU server is German because thats the most cost effective way the distributors could provide free servers.

Running a server is not cheap. Having the servers in one locality is cost effective.

The point of having multiplayer but only having one country support the servers is for the above reason.

You have not met any Australians online because of a few reasons.

1. There are simply not many Australians who have bought the game......it has not been a big seller in Oz.

2. Those that have bought the game (such as myself) have probably played the game since when it was released and have gotten bored with it. We are still waiting for the addon to be released in Oz, when hopefully we will start playing again.

3. You might be going online when other aussies are simply not online. Now that daylight saving is in force in some of the eastern states, there is quite a large time difference across Australia.

You are not on the wrong server. Almost all aussies bought the Deep Silver version of the game which uses the EU servers.

And btw......at $129.95, you got ripped off mate. :drinks:

I have plenty of money. Anyway, when will the expansion come out?

That's $129.95 Australian, not US. Still got ripped off though. Check gamehead.com.au, that's where I got mine, for about $80.

I don't play online because of the lag. I'd absolutely love to play HC characters online with the folks on these forums, but death by lag frustrates me waaayyy too much.

I don't get very much lag, only sometimes. Other times its completely playable like single player.

Edited by Azndragon
129 AUD are a massive rip-off, when I bought my second copy I paid 89 Norwegian Kroner = 17.5 AUD.

wow nice, bought mine for like 450 or somethin :drunkards: was short after release though

sorry.. offtopic

The expansion is already out, came out 2nd october.

Download version is out, yes...

...but hard copy? not yet in Australia.

The lag aussies get is indeed playable.

You just need to accommodate it in your builds.

Most aussies get around a 1.5 second delay.

And its good to hear you have plenty of money Azndragon....but I was just pointing out that you did get ripped off,

....... whether you could afford it or not is beside the point. :drunkards:

Oh,,,and your welcome q9crolleyes.gif

Edited by stubbie