Which Enemies in Sacred 2 reflect Melee damage

I thought the HC community on darkmatters would be the people to know this! Feel free to post for missile/magic/otherplatforms/patches but please specify so that the issue does not get confused. Example: end inquitor reflects (not good); end inquisitor reflects MISSILE (good because specified).

But the question I am interested in is reflect melee because I am designing a melee inquisitor and if there are a lot of reflect melee in Sacred 2 I will 1 spec more vitality (all) 2 I will prioritize constitution 3 I will only read one purifying chastisement rune so when I reflect against myself with low health I don't one shot myself....not that I am not applying potions but I am trying to see if I can build a hardcore style inquisitor (still in testing in SP).

Thank you a bunch!

yeah I know there is - chance to reflect. But what I don't know is which enemy reflects MELEE. I would rather not fill a slot with - reflect if I could put a different bonus instead bc the - reflect will NOT work against enemies who do not reflect. I would like to have a - reflect item in an area where I KNOW who reflects but I don't know that. Also - reflect is not 100% but it is 100% to avoid reflecting enemies if possible or be very careful.

• 3 weeks later...

I've begun wondering the same thing lately. Great topic!

I notice Slevin that you have Ogre Champions in your list as reflecting melee. Are you absolutely certain it is melee? The reason I ask is because I've been having a lot of trouble with these guys in Niob. Particularly if/when I use FR(Frenzied Rampage). FR is a multi hit Combat Art which in my case goes through a cycle of 8 hits or so. It's very dangerous when using it on an enemy that has reflect because it can not be interrupted. Lemme tell you I was smashing the space bar to bits. All this to say that lately when I fight an Ogre Champion I use regular left click attacks which I've not yet seen reflected by Ogre Champs. Could it be that an Ogre Champion has Reflect: Combat Arts rather than Close Combat?

I notice Slevin that you have Ogre Champions in your list as reflecting melee. Are you absolutely certain it is melee?

Yes I am. First I only heared of it just from other players and never noticed it by myself cause I'm not so often in the orc area. Then I onehitted my mount of my meele highelf from one of theese ogre champs. Only the special types of theese ogres can reflect meele. It's the ogre camp (elite). I don't know the eyactly name cause I play the german version.

Ah I see. But what I mean is does he reflect left mouse button click melee or right mouse button click melee? Did you test those two? I just want to be absolutely sure so I can add that into the wiki.

Tree Spirit Champs (melee)

Heavy Turtle Champs / Mud Snapper Champs (melee/missile)

Ogre Champion Champs (melee)

Bosses:

Garganthropod (melee/missile/magic)

Ice Lord (melee)

Grunwald Cave Dragon (melee/missile/magic)

Forest Guardian (melee)

Nimonuil - Inquisitor next to the guardians in campaign (melee/missile)

Impressive links and list mate.

Nice work Slevin!

;)

gogo

Ah I see. But what I mean is does he reflect left mouse button click melee or right mouse button click melee?

At first I uesd the Magic Coup (right mouse) and later I tested it with left mouse to be sure. This left mouse attack does much less damage than the Magic Coup so the reflection is not so fatal, but it does reflect. You may can test it by yourself too but I'm very sure that it does not reflect comabt arts.

Perfect, thanx Slevin. :cry:

I had tried to test it in the past but was having a very hard time trying to figure out the left click attacks since they equal about the same as the Ogre's melee damage to me. I just went and tested now and this time I was able to see that left click melee is being reflected. Case closed I think. Ogre Champions are in fact reflecting any form of melee attacks.

I've updated the wiki page and in addtion I added that it is a permanent buff the Ogre Champion has. Would you agree?

I've updated the wiki page and in addtion I added that it is a permanent buff the Ogre Champion has. Would you agree?

Either its a permantent buff or tis this ice ring, they can do, which causes the reflection. I'm not sure. Maybe you have to stand in this ring to get reflected.

• 8 months later...

One bad reflection can ruin your whole day.

........................................Medusa.

We have scattered to the winds (well, the forums) the lore about opponents that reflect.

I'd like to collect that information here (in one place)... so that I (or someone else from the community) can post it on the Sacred wiki.

So. I'll start off with my sketchy-imperfect-information.

1) Mud Snapper

Some kind of turtles have a white spiky aura that looks really dangerous in the swamps.

My SW using Spectral Hand is completely unaffected--and he's using Rallied Souls and Nether Allegiance.

Which leads me to believe this is Ranged Reflection.

So: Mud Snapper Turtles with white spiky aura===>Ranged Reflection. Archers/Blowgun users beware!

2) Grunwald Dragon - Ranged Reflection?

3) Garganthropod (Scorpion King) - Combat Art Reflection (blue shimmer)

4) Nimonuil (High Inquisitor inside The Great Machine) -

Are there other bosses/champions that reflect? If so, what type of reflection, and where can we find them (or need to be aware of them).

Great topic. I can never remember which mob has ranged reflect or melée reflect or CA reflect. When I find those reflect turtles I aim my CA at another turtle near by and by proximity the reflect turtle dies without a chance to reflect at me. Strange but it works.

In my experience Nimonuil has ranged reflection but not melee (not sure about Combat Arts). If I take him on with the %LL shuriken I take big damage and or get killed. But if I switch to a %LL melee weapons I don't seem to have an issue.

One thing to add relevant to shadow veil is that the reflect abilities are active abilities and not passive. For example turtles or nimunuil do not reflect ranged attacks if you are invisible because their AI does not tell them to activate. Does not apply if you have companions or minions.

Also I think Grunwald has both CAs and spells. I've heard HEs and DMs die from combat art reflect though I am not sure how they knew it wasn't dragon breath? Or I could say I wasn't sure. Personally I have blown myself up with BFG and whets above my HP so I think ranged reflect is true.

Edited by claudius

Looks like Nimonuil has CA reflection and he does not reflect melee damage (my melee dryad almost killed herself trying to get him with Ravaged Impact but normal hits were not reflected)

Edited by ololcat
The staff projectiles from the Staff Lore skill also get reflected.

They're technically melee attacks, so they'd be reflected by anything that reflects melee.

Also, the Scorp boss doesn't reflect melee.