Hard Core for Consoles challenge

edit: Well well well, my current Inquisitor is tearing the place up, but, I must start over... again.

The thing is, it gave me an idea. I may even write a guide for it, as its different enough maybe to warrant one. Also I realised my last character did take some stuff from the heroes chest, and I must complete this challenge legitimetly!

Also, cant say I'm surprised, I suffered from this curse all my gaming career. The need to start over to perfect, you cant deny its a nice feeling when you get an idea for an awesome build though eh? You want to know what I'm doing? Well I'll see how it goes, and if it goes well I'll spill it :4rofl:

Edited by Rusto
Also, cant say I'm surprised, I suffered from this curse all my gaming career. The need to start over to perfect, you cant deny its a nice feeling when you get an idea for an awesome build though eh?

So true, I believe it was stated that an actual condition for people like us exists. I think the term was CRS, or Chronic Restart Syndrom, and plagues some RPG game fans :4rofl: lol

So true, I believe it was stated that an actual condition for people like us exists. I think the term was CRS, or Chronic Restart Syndrom, and plagues some RPG game fans :4rofl: lol

:cry:

Ahh I'm excited now, no bargaining, no support, no chest, and I'm hitting harder than any other character I've made :)

it makes skill point selection and play style become really important. you build a better character when you don't have all the gear and +allskills to fall back on eh?

Ahh I'm excited now, no bargaining, no support, no chest, and I'm hitting harder than any other character I've made :pitcher:

it makes skill point selection and play style become really important. you build a better character when you don't have all the gear and +allskills to fall back on eh?

This is the part I just can't do. Furian's rules be damned! 8)

I guess that's why I'll never finish this challenge.

Level 59 and stronger than ever. Ok heres what I'm doing, its not THAT different, but slightly unorthodox...

With no bargaining or chest support I decided to use a build that utilized readily available jewlery, ie +offensive skills, inspired by Antitrusts boneslicer report. I've taken dual wield, swords, tactics, and speed lore. After stacking this skill my dual wield is up at like 108. Very high attack speed(high dual wield and boneslicers), very high chance to hit, very high damage(tactics) and boosted defence(speed lore+RP evade mod). I find Callous Execution doesnt work very well whilst mounted, so speed lore + run speed on leggings lets me not need the mount :) Defense skills include Constitution at char. level, armor lore half way to being mastered at 75 or soon after, RP(although modded with sphere), and toughness which I will take high. Keeping Mortifying pillory as high as possible(regen equal to just longer than duration), and that will be the debuff when modded, Frenetic Furor is awesome, almost full modded. Hallow mod on PC also seems to be very nice. Think I've struck a great balance with this toon.

With no bargaining, it was very nice when a +4 all skills neck dropped today :woot: Also using some regen on hit(not needed after Ilgard gloves dropped.

I really love playing this way, feels very liberating without bargaining or support.

ps. dual wield callous execution for the win.

Edited by Rusto
Level 59 and stronger than ever. Ok heres what I'm doing, its not THAT different, but slightly unorthodox...

With no bargaining or chest support I decided to use a build that utilized readily available jewlery, ie +offensive skills, inspired by Antitrusts boneslicer report. I've taken dual wield, swords, tactics, and speed lore. After stacking this skill my dual wield is up at like 108. Very high attack speed(high dual wield and boneslicers), very high chance to hit, very high damage(tactics) and boosted defence(speed lore+RP evade mod). I find Callous Execution doesnt work very well whilst mounted, so speed lore + run speed on leggings lets me not need the mount :P Defense skills include Constitution at char. level, armor lore half way to being mastered at 75 or soon after, RP(although modded with sphere), and toughness which I will take high. Keeping Mortifying pillory as high as possible(regen equal to just longer than duration), and that will be the debuff when modded, Frenetic Furor is awesome, almost full modded. Hallow mod on PC also seems to be very nice. Think I've struck a great balance with this toon.

With no bargaining, it was very nice when a +4 all skills neck dropped today :D Also using some regen on hit(not needed after Ilgard gloves dropped.

I really love playing this way, feels very liberating without bargaining or support.

ps. dual wield callous execution for the win.

Whereabouts are you in Ancaria?

I'm 56, and got squashed again... in the Givym Island cave. Wasn't paying enough attention and missed using a potion. <sigh>

Glad you're digging the dual weilding. If I would've taken DW, I was going to try daggers, w/170% attack speed 8) As it is, 2H weapons at 170 is pretty good, too.

Edited by essjayehm

Btw, you mentioned about the dw with daggers? I think that could be quite affective, really high attack speed, boost Dex, which is allready naturally high for the Inquisitor, and get a tonne of extra defence with that to boot.

Btw, you mentioned about the dw with daggers? I think that could be quite affective, really high attack speed, boost Dex, which is allready naturally high for the Inquisitor, and get a tonne of extra defence with that to boot.

Teh bestest thing with the daggers is they have the fastest animation speed. Still just a theory, but since we consolers don't have direct damage on them, I don't think it highly beneficial to go with that kind of build. On PC, I would do it and expore Direct Damage, which is still somewhat of a mystery I think...

• 4 months later...

:(

Resurrected from page 7 of the Console forum. Since we got a few newer peeps posting, I thought I'd bring back the challenge! I'm in, going back to a Temple Guardian this time around.

Quick version of the rules for this thread:

NO console re-set upon death. This is obviously an honour-driven rule.

NO forging higher-level jewellery in your low-level gear. Niob blacksmith arts are acceptable.

No save-glitching to higher difficulty levels (ie must be able to kill the bosses).

Player chest, shopping networks, etc are OK, but for myself, I start a new profile on the console, so, no equip, runes, potions, etc... call it Scotty's optional rule. This makes Silver an actual "difficulty" level :)

Who's in?

Heya,

started a TG too... tho I actually have HC on PC... there would be no question 'bout death.

My challenge is mostly the same... but with Barris' optional rules :)

1. No blacksmithing/Bargaining by other toons. The toon itself may do so, if skill is picked

2. Empty chest, no gear muled on, no money, nothing

3. No Constitution

Boils down to a toon that uses quite some General skills :(

Greetz

Heya,

started a TG too... tho I actually have HC on PC... there would be no question 'bout death.

My challenge is mostly the same... but with Barris' optional rules ;)

1. No blacksmithing/Bargaining by other toons. The toon itself may do so, if skill is picked

2. Empty chest, no gear muled on, no money, nothing

3. No Constitution

Boils down to a toon that uses quite some General skills :(

Greetz

Awesome! Your #3 is pretty strict, I wouldn't hold anyone else to that. But I'll play with it! Or is that without it? :)

Officially inviting any other PC'ers to this challenge!

Now that I think about it almost all of my creations I run do not have #3 Constitution. And I play HC Closed Net PC. When ya build a toon think outside the box and get away from all the +all Skills. Socket other things. Spread the focus of defense. Armor, chance to evade, chance to reflect close combat, chance to reflect magic, etc.

Now that I think about it almost all of my creations I run do not have #3 Constitution. And I play HC Closed Net PC. When ya build a toon think outside the box and get away from all the +all Skills. Socket other things. Spread the focus of defense. Armor, chance to evade, chance to reflect close combat, chance to reflect magic, etc.

And, TG or seraphim dont really need Constitution... if you spend enough time working up a good energy shield :(

SW too... just dont get debuffed :) Forgot to mention Closed HC. Furian to tha rescue ;)

Greetz

I jumped in, starting in Bronze freeworld for level 1, to grab a few potions and a T-enegy Shroud rune... not realizing that the Runemaster quest in freeworld didn't give runes upon completion... maybe that was a glitch, I dunno. Bummed, I just started a Silver camp and I was using Primal Mutation to hit from afar and finish with an armgun shot before the elf/turtle could get to me. Fssssshhhhhhhzzzzzp... was the sound (PM transformed the enemy) and I notice it's not a bunny. MUTANT! Uh-oh. I guess I should've ran but I recognized it for what it was... a startover. I had also neglected to re-set my pickups to "everything" as I was only collecting set items :)

Second try was much better... started bronze camp, got my buff rune, as well as Deathly Spears, Icy Evanascence and Firey Ember. Pretty lucky run for the first 4 levels, and will start the Silver camp next time I play.

I'm going to take up this challenge, I'm going to start a Duel Wielding Seraphim with bargaining and EP as her 2 starters.

I will post here every few days to keep you guys posted with my progress.

Heya,

so, I started a test toon in offline HC SP... levelled too much :) So gonna do this challenge in SP, rebuilding from scrap takes alot of time!

Started out doing Kobold Chief runs, needed the levels and some decent equip.

By level 35, I started the campaign dash... I took light path :(

level 40 now, just arrived in Swamp. Building a Bargain suit, Blacksmith suit, Visibility suit, MF suit, Bossrun suit and a Source Warden Kit..... the last can wait, as I will only start using Warden after level 75.

Setup so far:

2. Blacksmith (40)

3. Enhanced Perception (1) Only boosted by relics

5. Bargain (5?) Boosted by Bargain suit

8. Tactics Lore (40)

12. Armor Lore (15?)

18. Warding Energy Lore (15?)

25. Devout Guardian Focus (9?)

35. Source Warden Lore

To pick next:

50. Source Warden Focus

65. Combat Discipline or Hafted Weapons...

Doing nice... Found a Hafted with DB and 2 slots, helped damage considerably. Was lucky enough to find a LL% weap too, added DB there too.

About 1.5K Shield energy with 80% absorption. Enough for standard, not enough vs. bosses.

Had to get used to this low damage a bit, not using niob arts is quite the difference. Effectively doing around 1200 damage (Luckily I got my mount early on, so that he does 100% double hits).

That is about it for now, Gonna run Miasma.... 3 times :(

Greetz

EDIT: had planned to push this guy into Gold around 45. As it so happened, when I killed the last Guardian, I dinged 45 :) Was hard-fought, no really decent gear, 3K energy and under 3K HP. Gonna shop up in Gold and do some Gahanka runs. Need to find 3 pieces of the CC-10 for some LL%..... got loads on the mules... but thats the challenge eh! :D

Edited by Barristan
Doing nice... Found a Hafted with DB and 2 slots, helped damage considerably. Was lucky enough to find a LL% weap too, added DB there too.

Throwing star LL%? or Kal'durs? :) I guess the Legendary would be crap if you got it in silver?

Heh... my second attempt dead at level 12. Was trying to get to human lands and got crushed by undeads when the shield went down. New guy up to level 7, going Source Warden instead of Devout this time.

Heya,

Kal'Durs would have 1.1 or 1.2% at level 40 iirc. Would still be happy to find one for this toon tho.... again, lots on mules, haha!

Twas a shuriken, tho CM patch also has fist weapons with LL%. Still using that on bosses :(

About 5K shield energy now (90% absorb), 4.5K HP. Arrived at seraphim Isle, Gold at level 48.

Main problem is CtH. Without a lore, and when Combat Alert runs out, I can barely hit bosses. Perfectly fine against normal mobs tho. Octo played nice, the CM Gar Colossus packed quite a punch. When he went down, he nearly took me with him :):oooo:

My Source Warden side still craps out majorly. I cannot spend too many points there untill the first masteries at level 75. I will use that for levelling faster and cashruns... constant reforging is quite expensive.

Need only the CC-10 Battery to complete the set, and get rid of the Shuriken. Maybe Gahanka is in a good mood today. Or maybe the Cursed Forest quest....

Good luck with the new guy! Might need some Devout still, to kill bosses?

Greetz

Heya,

Kal'Durs would have 1.1 or 1.2% at level 40 iirc. Would still be happy to find one for this toon tho.... again, lots on mules, haha!

Twas a shuriken, tho CM patch also has fist weapons with LL%. Still using that on bosses :(

About 5K shield energy now (90% absorb), 4.5K HP. Arrived at seraphim Isle, Gold at level 48.

Main problem is CtH. Without a lore, and when Combat Alert runs out, I can barely hit bosses. Perfectly fine against normal mobs tho. Octo played nice, the CM Gar Colossus packed quite a punch. When he went down, he nearly took me with him :):oooo:

My Source Warden side still craps out majorly. I cannot spend too many points there untill the first masteries at level 75. I will use that for levelling faster and cashruns... constant reforging is quite expensive.

Need only the CC-10 Battery to complete the set, and get rid of the Shuriken. Maybe Gahanka is in a good mood today. Or maybe the Cursed Forest quest....

Good luck with the new guy! Might need some Devout still, to kill bosses?

Greetz

Yeah, will take DG Focus for Dedicated Blow @ bosses, high-level Alert and Buff-suit shenanigans. Still debating to take Barg. or not, as I want to run all-in on EP.

CtH is my main reason for abandoning the straight-Devout path with this build... well, that and I wanted to try Source-based build in a hardcore-style. Not enough sockets to have both decent CtH and Area of Effect capabilities without Niob smith-arts (Whet), IMO. Unless I spend lots more time shopping :(