BFG or Duel Wield Seraphim for Ice & Blood!

rvbarton

Hey everyone! I'm new to Sacred 2 (PC Version)... Been an xbox player for a short time and simply couldn't wait to get Ice & Blood.

I've spoken to a few players and have been told that the BFG seraphim I've been working on is a bad idea and I should make a Dual Wield seraphim. I'm not opposed to this, but my main goal is getting a player up in levels quickly, and use that character to finance/equip other characters. Does that make sense? Anyway, any thoughts on this? I'd appreciate any input available.

Also, does the guild play on any specific servers? I'd love to play online with you guys/gals.

Have a great day!

Welcome to the forum rvbarton!

A large number of us on FDM play on the closed net hardcore EU servers.

I'm afraid I do not have enough seraphim experience to answer your other questions.

See you on the servers!

Hey everyone! I'm new to Sacred 2 (PC Version)... Been an xbox player for a short time and simply couldn't wait to get Ice & Blood.

I've spoken to a few players and have been told that the BFG seraphim I've been working on is a bad idea and I should make a Dual Wield seraphim. I'm not opposed to this, but my main goal is getting a player up in levels quickly, and use that character to finance/equip other characters. Does that make sense? Anyway, any thoughts on this? I'd appreciate any input available.

Also, does the guild play on any specific servers? I'd love to play online with you guys/gals.

Have a great day!

I love BFG seraphims :crazy:. My experience with a dual wield seraphim was not so good but that's because of screwy targetting for melee on xbox partly. I also like to be able to hit things without being right next to them = safer. BFG seras can kill incredibly fast. If you're going this route and want to take a bargainer, take a look at dobri's guide and skip revered lore and warding lore like he suggests.

Here's the link:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?sh...c=11988&hl=

If you want to make a bargainer, an advantege of dual wield is that you can wield 2 officers sabers for bargaining = 3 gold slots each for + all skills or + general skills or + bargaining items which will boost bargaining. You will not find a shield with 3 gold slots.

By the way, all melee builds can benefit immensely from the regen per hit bonus so look for items with that. BFG + regen per hit + pelting strikes = machine gun.

Edited by ka243

I just switched to the pc version also. It's a new world compaired to xbox. I had to totally rethink how I play. First thing I learned is to drop the leveling up fast idea. Your starting out empty, play safe and slow. Get your skills were ya need them and a big chest of goodies to swap to a toon that you'd want to level fast. My first toon is a blacksmith, with him I'm socketing smithing skills for my HE shopper to get her up to near his level. Can't shop with no money and playing hardcore you need a strong first toon to lay ground work for the others.

A good utility character is a Temple Guardian shopper/smith with tactics, guardian focus and warden focus for the energy shield but not as easy to make a shopper as a high elf or even seraphim I'd say.

Edited by ka243

Hi Robby, welcome to DarkMatters! Well, with my limited experience with Ice and Blood and with seraphims, I'd just say that the game is much tougher with the add-on. The BFG has astonishing kill power, but if you're being mobbed at higher levels plus with the new and deadly emphasis that this game places on detrimental effects, perhaps, more sockets could help?

I had found that when I had started up my dryad for the first time when getting expansion, that the three sockets that I had gotten as bonus to my armor set ... of them two of the three I had to right away use for anti detrimental effects... and only later on with some tweaking could I lower that commitment to the dots.

I am looking at defensive builds in ways I'd never thought of before, and perhaps which style/build of Seraphim you'd be comfy with that could weather blows and corrosion in the swamp at least while starting out could help you map a successful path.

Good luck!

:crazy:

gogo