A non-dead Shadow Warrior

Ok guys this one has me freaked out and really scittish to play. Today I was playing my 47th level Shadow Warrior on silver. Exploring the new crystal lands of the seraphim's. I had done some exploring last night with no problems and was really liking the respawn rate. Which seems really fast. ANYWAY...... today I had just happened to export a copy of the Shadow Warrior for SP. Then as I was exploring the new lands I died. Straight up no ifs ands or butts. Just dead.

Now I'm playing on closed-net HARDCORE. After staring at my poor dead buddy, or is it re-dead? I decided to restart. Was thinking of doing a Dragon Mage. ANYWAY.... since I had exported a copy of the Shadow Warrior I stopped in on LAN and checked him out. Ok fine. Not sure what good he'll do me there but whatever. Fired up closed net to start the DM, and I noticed that my Shadow Warrior (whom decided since he was resurrected once why not again) was sitting there with no notice of DEATH. I'm thinking "what the ...." So I fired him up checking that he was indeed closed-net hardcore and sure enough he was. No deaths racked up and 65% SB. Here I am with a twice ressurected Shadow Warrior on start island and I'm scared to run him off somewhere to see if its real or its going to be a cruel joke.

That didn't last long... ran up to seraphim island and finished searching the tunnels and killing Canarch. Moving into swamp now at level 50. BUT I'M AFRAID YET THAT SOMETHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN because of the "non-death" that he "really" did have.

There is something that is bugged with the Crystal Region, had an near death experience myself there, but luckily I was mounted and didn't die only the mount died and when I next loaded the char the mount was back.

This was in the arena, got 1-hitted out of nowhere.

This bug has been happening to me a lot recently. My temple guardian has just "died" for times in the last hour actually (EU closed net hardcore). It is making any progress through the crystal plains pretty much impossible to accomplish.

A couple of quirks about this bug from my observations tested (probably recklessly) by my level 59 temple guardian in silver.

1) It is always initiated by a one shot "kill" from out of nowhere. There do not need to be any enemies on screen or even visible in the mini-map for this to occur.

2) Health always goes to zero (or near zero, not really sure) but will regen normally after five seconds. This is accomanied by the normal warning red flash.

3)the energy shield on my Temple Guardian sometimes is wiped out and sometimes does not go down at all when this bug occurs (energy shield also regenerates like normal if it is affected)

4)The temple guardian remains standing after the event unlike when you die and he is sprawled on the ground.

5)If the temple guardian is mounted the mount "dies" but when you reload the game the mount is back and is normal.

6) Only happens in the crystal plains area.

7) After this occurs you cannot no longer move or attack but you can still chat and access menus.

8) You can teleport to the start island or portal or res stone but if you do then your character becomes invisible and is still immobile.

I mostly wrote all of this down to vent my frustration at not being able to get through this area but at least it is good to know that I am not the only one encountering this bug.

Great write up Ansgar, some of the exact same things that I have noticed, with this bug I will not enter this area again until the patch hopefully fixes this.

Me Too Spunky. And that's a shame cuz I was digging it. Seemed like the respawn rate was pretty high. Ended up going in circles after the red arrows. At least I got some unique and new set pieces out of the area first.

Servers were down this morning and I was trying my best to understand what the German guys were chatting about. seamed like a patch 2.65.1.0 was out our in the works or something. Anybody heard anything?

Anybody heard anything?

I read on Sacred-FR that on October 27th, someone saw that one of Sacred 2 server was at version 2.65.1... So this means they've been testing the patch since then. We'll maybe have the patch this week, who knows...

EDIT : On topic, I had the same exact experience than Spunky (I was on my mount and it died justt like that....I was freaking out.)

Max

Edited by metal_max64

I have taken a peek at the patch notes which I translated from an announcement in the French section of the SIF and it seems that the desctructable ice crystals will now attack the player. My theory is that these are what has been causing the "instant RIP" bug in the crystal plains area. Hopefully the english patch will come out today and we will know for sure.

Edited by Ansgar
Have the french section gotten the patch details already? what a disgrace for the english community ;)

Not only do they have the patch notes, but they also have the patch! Hopefully it means us engrish speakers get ours soon too.

Talk about a bug :o I've ran through my share, but something like this is pretty much a game breaker...and a very very big one at that.

There are notes out already? Has this been addressed?

:cry:

gogo

p.s. furian, that's a heckuva creepy story you have racounted. I'd be skittish as well...lol, then again I'm pretty much skittish whenever I have been running toons lately in HC

:blink: