I give up

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

The heat is killin me and it's not even full summer here yet. Last year the crazy heat here took out a nice video card I had ( I think ) and now I'm finding it tuff ta even make decent posts or play ogame without seeping sweat all over the keyboard, desk and food.

All my icecubes are gone.

My hair has gone frizzy

And if I drink any more water I'll probably break off the toilet handle from having to flush so often.

And my skin...

my skin is so sticky I could use it for fly paper.

Tommorrow is the day.

Tommorrow is the day I buy...

Dom Dom Dom dom!

Mistah Air Conditionnah!

oooh, I love you so

So shiny new and white. So cool refreshing and ever so beautiful. I will hug you and pet you and squeeze you and...wait ...ferget that part

I'll plug you in and turn you on...

sweet bliss, frosted nirvanna, heaven on a popsicle!

Take me away to cool refreshing nights filled with the drone of a compressor, the whirr of the fan. Lead me far from sweating and away from the pools of liquid now annointing my desk.

Take me away mister air conditionner.

Take me somewhere somewhere nice and cool

:P

gogo

p.s. hey, a 5000 btw fer 144.99 canadian...coolness never came cheaper...yee haw!

Guest gogoblender
You could also buy a fan, but the air con will be nicer.

What did you get for 149.99 Canadian? Doesn't that work out to be £1.50 or something?

heh, llama yeah the exchange is bad but not THAT bad :)

lol, I didn't even pick up the air con yet....

I lazed out that day, heh

now...I'm just waiting till the day of horrible humidty comes and burns me alive in my sleep

noooooooooooooooo

must...

buy...

airconditionner!

:)

gogo

/lmao

I have an idea!! get yourself tons of ice bags and put it beside the window so that when your turn on the fan it will be a cool breeze, besides the sun won't hit you!! /thumbsup

not to be an ass

but an airco might not be cheap .. it's never gonna be cheap either...

unles you're running it on solar power .. it costs tons of electricity .... a Fan is cheaper in electricity use ( and cheaper to buy :D

just take you're comp and stuff to you're bathroom..play in the tub with cold water...just dont drop the keyboard or anything electrical in the tub wif ya! /lmao

• 2 weeks later...

Is it insanely hot over-thataways? its 25(cold)-35(hoooot) here, 25 is meant to be hot in England not 35 /blink

mistah air con, great idea GoGo, and its even hotter in my school, its so badly desgined its 5 degrees hotter inside than outside

:P

~Doom

Tim I dunno where you are but it reached 91 here in the uk for me here today and it's killing me...GoGo order the air con and send it for fitting in my house /rofl

rofl! hot and England should never ever be the in the same sentence...but I swear I will die in this heat! /lmao

Hlaf Irish half English I am doomed...I am used to rain!

And Mobghost I hear you there...bring on the snow! wooT

• 1 month later...

Gogo I have sympathy for you. I'm working here in Edmonton outside everyday for 12 hours, and its been 35+ . It wouldnt be quite so bad, but doing road construction means I'm either shoveling all day in the sun or working all day on the hot asphalt /sweat. When I'm running equipment (like the bulldozer /viking) the heat from the engine usually makes it extremely hot and there's usually no AC at all /cry. If I ever get a break I usually dump water all over myself to try to cool down, but nothing works! ARG!

When I think that it can't get any hotter I just stop and think.. "Winter will come soon, and you'll be in Newfoundland, cold and miserable. Enjoy this heat while it lasts! You are solar powered". Thats what gets me through the day haha. Just thought I'd share that because its been pent up all summer. People complain about the heat, but they have AC in their cars and offices, they're not out in it working. Ok thats the end of my rant ;)

well that's not totally true Ctulhu ;)

I work on a Farm ( which has a lot of work outside .;) ) I don't have a drivers license .. and I go to my work on bike... imagine how hot it gets then :).

but who am I the hotness already subsided.. the rain is coming again .. ( which sucks as well when you're on a bike )

Guest gogoblender

wow, you guys have serious hardcore outdoor jobs

Cthulhu howja ever swing a job like that in construction man?

Don'tcha have ta have a super duper "in" with a company or something?

Or is it city work?

I don't envy either of you guys in the heat

Glad Autum'n's on it's way

Yee haw!

/drool

gogo

Lol. Nice Ode To the A/C gogo!

Open up your pc, I do that when the weather goes into Broiling mode...

It's a bit funny reading the temps nothern members (of this forum) start to melt, cause 40c ist a common summer temp here :)

Last year the max topped at 50 (in the shadow). I guess the guys from australia can brag about that too... ^_^