Cleaning an ammo case

AmmoCan50Cal01002.jpg

Recently I've bought some second-hand ammo cases, but they were pretty dirty -> sand, dirt.

I've put them in some soapy water first, but that didn't help too much. Used a steam cleaner device, that was better.

Now, I've put them in the dish washer. But the thing is, I can't get the metal/dirt smell out of them.

Anyone with tips here?

One product I can recommend for just about every tough cleaning job I have ever dealt with. I have used it for everything from the kitchen stove top, to my Bowling balls, the cars parts. it is very strong, but all natural and biodegradable. great stuff.

Simple Green

http://www.simplegreen.com/products_all_purpose_cleaner.php

• 1 month later...

Use Blue Wonder. Fill a bucket with a bit of Blue Wonder and then fill it with hot water.

http://www.nedacsorbo.nl/?mid=503&pid=...mp;parentId=486

blue wonder is te koop o.a. bij de albert heijn. het is van sorbo en zit in een blauwe fles. pak een emmer, vul de bodem met blue wonder en meng het met heet water.

Edited by candesco

No tips on me from me on cleaning these Timo...just wanted to say that they`re amazing gorgeous though. Were you able to get them looking the way you wanted to finallly ? And what do they weigh with nothing in them.

:)

gogo

I couldn't get them to smell 'clean' despite 2 cleaning baths, a steam wash and 1 time in the dish washer. I tried painting one with Hammerite, but that was... A fail. :) :)

They weren't that heavy though certainly not light either, they were from steel or something.

Edited by Timotheus