Special Items don't work on Internet Explorer 8

I think that's a security feature problem in IE8 Timo. Special Items are working in all other browsers. Even IE7. Adjusting your security settings might do the trick. :)

P.s.

Changing to Compatibility View resolves the problem Timo. Case Closed! :D

P.p.s

One more reason to not use IE... :xmastree:

But FF is so slooow... :)

And I don't wanna go Chrome because I'm trying to get more independent from Google.

:P

Google gettin' you down?

What, are they the next Microsoft? We all know how that went. :)

Edited by locolagarto

I was thinking a bit about what Timo said about getting weaned off of google... someitmes I catch myself in the process of thinking about how much google is a part of our daily lives... in fact, they`re going to be the new OS for mobile phones? The new... microsoft OS... but for mobility?

:)

gogo

I was thinking a bit about what Timo said about getting weaned off of google... someitmes I catch myself in the process of thinking about how much google is a part of our daily lives... in fact, they`re going to be the new OS for mobile phones? The new... microsoft OS... but for mobility?

gogo

I would hate to never have a choice what to use. I started on AOL in 1993. then graduated to Netscape Navigator. ( remember them?) Microsoft dominated with the integration of IE into windows and then that was it for a while. I thought Firefox was cool in the beginning because it was the new guy and stripped of all the junk IE had built into it. Now it's just as cluttered as IE IMO. Chrome is the new guy and we are worried about dependence? The next new one ( sooner rather than later) will bring another fresh look.

I am not against any of them. I use Chrome because IMO it is faster, cleaner for the sites I visit the most like FDM. (IE and Firefox just seem to be downloading so much extra crap that I don't need) I never get pop-ups. and Chrome has a very clean look. That doesn't mean it is any better than another. And I sure don't worry about my Chrome leading Google to take over the world.

I still have my first email account at Yahoo!. If you remember way back when, they were the Google of the 90's. Now they are ?

PS. Sorry, somewhere I started monologuing. Don't mind me I just started typing off the top of my head. :)

We like the monologue. I've been having pretty deep thoughts about where google's going lately. Yeah I think the browser is super fast by 'em...but dunno...I've come to be so familiar with what everything Firefox can do, it's gonna take me some very serious themes from Chrome to convince me... which reminds me...anyone got a good theme for it?

gogo

ff is slow?

Yer kidding

:smile:

gogo

p.s. IE is so junky, it hardly goes anywhere good sites...and chrome...heck dude you introduced us all to Chrome...what's wrong with it? :bow:

Not kidding :) FF is overall the slowest experience to me out of the three browsers I'd choose to use atm: IE8/Chrome/FF.

Chrome is by far the fastest but it keeps sending back stuff to Google. I don't really know why but it kinda puts me off. Then again, all your Google searches are recorded anyways, so...

IE8: definetely a vast improvement over the previous IE versions, and pretty nice to work with overall, not the fastest, but not slow either. It's just a bit fickly with some sites, like the special items here.

FF: starting it is so sloooow! Speed is important people, one of the reasons Chrome had me drooling. Loading times between IE8 and FF are about the same, but IE8 starts faster.

And yeah, I'm thinking Google is getting a lot of power these days. Just think about it, if the company would implode or anything, what would you loose? For me it would be: browser/mail/search engine for both normal stuff but scientific journals (google scholar) as well/youtube/map service. That's quite a lot of products, and I don't even use all of them. They've got Android out there as well, are trying to get their OS on netbooks etc. I can't keep myself from thinking what kind of power Google is getting over everyday lives of people. Maybe I'm overreacting, but I'm just a bit way of companies with power.

You`re right. It`s scary thinking of far google is going. I was talking about this to Schot the other day though.. and he rebuttaled, that while it`s easy to think that google could, will easily become the next computing superpower, especially as they have the best chance of becoming THE os for mobile computing and communications... what`s to stop them ?

When microsoft got big, huge and evil, there wasn`t anything else out there to teach what would could be considered right or wrong...but now...there`s a good number of players out there.. and we`ve got a company who`s very famous motto is... Don`t Be Evil.

With the competition that google is up again... it causes them to look over what they do...maybe this is enough for us to have a kinder tech overlord for the next decade?

:D

gogo

You`re right. It`s scary thinking of far google is going. I was talking about this to Schot the other day though.. and he rebuttaled, that while it`s easy to think that google could, will easily become the next computing superpower, especially as they have the best chance of becoming THE os for mobile computing and communications... what`s to stop them ?

When microsoft got big, huge and evil, there wasn`t anything else out there to teach what would could be considered right or wrong...but now...there`s a good number of players out there.. and we`ve got a company who`s very famous motto is... Don`t Be Evil.

With the competition that google is up again... it causes them to look over what they do...maybe this is enough for us to have a kinder tech overlord for the next decade?

:D

gogo

I guess this is what I was thinking earlier. yeah the are moving up fast and we are liking and using alot of there Apps. but...... they are to competition. Where is IBM, NCR, Standard Register. They were the mega Corps that should have been at the from of business machine market. They got beat of by Gateway, Dell, and HP. Microsoft need a Co like Google to keep em honest. And I swear there will be another up and coming Software CO that keeps the Bal.

I just need to here someone else to write it first to get me to the point where I say Good For Google. As we are now globally dependent on Microsoft for everything. Let's see someone have a crack at Bill Gates and His Empire. I was never really anti-Microsoft. My mother was Very wise to invest in the back in the early nineties.

I'm wishing I could have got on that Google train a while ago

Edited by locolagarto