Chatbox Bug Fix in MP

Heyas all. I'm not sure about the rest of you but it appears as though the dreaded chatbox bug has been fixed! I'm in game now with loco, Furian and Malek and we've noticed today that we now need to push the Enter key twice in order to chat and that when someone else chats the chatbox no longer "steals" our active focus.

Sweet! :crazy:

This looks as though Deep Silver accepted czevak's chatbox mod as a server side fix. If so then BIG cheers to czevak and grats! :twitch: I'm guessing that this will go down as a "quiet" fix on Deep Silver's part. I guess we'll see but it does seem as though Deep Silver is still with us. :explode:

I hope you're right Schot, and they're doing secret tests.

ooooh, could this be a new Christmas prezzie... pour mwah!

I smell patch!

(or at least I want to :))

:yay:

gogo

It was off and on yesterday. thought is was fixed agaon early afternoon, then when I reset the server it was broke again. somebody has a sense of humor. likes ti tease us!

Tease indeed! I've never experienced this sort of random fix before so I have to assume it's something new and from that assumtion also assume that someone on the dev side is working on a solution... Strange that it's happened again today loco. Whatever the case it's making me crazy! I'm in the process of testing czevak's chatbox fix so that's something to look forward to at least.

Tease indeed! I've never experienced this sort of random fix before so I have to assume it's something new and from that assumtion also assume that someone on the dev side is working on a solution... Strange that it's happened again today loco. Whatever the case it's making me crazy! I'm in the process of testing czevak's chatbox fix so that's something to look forward to at least.

Is that the permanent chat box from a few weeks back? or something new?

It's almost the same loco yup. The one you tested was for the German language version of Sacred 2. The download I posted in my most recent post is a patch that czevak very kindly developed specifically for us UK-International version players. He said that the version you installed was highly unlikely to function properly since it was meant for a different lang version. Something I didn't know before mentioning this patch initially but still... Sorry for that near death of yours, lol.

I was on for some time today and I didn't find anything negative about this new patch. It just didn't do the "full job" for me. I'm hoping if it will for others though. :xmastree:

Well the dang chatbox bug "fixed" thing is happening again... ugh! Same as what the first post here implies though I'm not taking it for granted. This time I'm testing and comparing a lot. What I'm finding is that only 1 particular server is providing a state of a fixed chatbox. Fixed meaning that when someone chats it does not interrupt everyone's keyboard controls.

So far I've tried a private server and a normal addon server and the fixed chatbox state doesn't appear to be anywhere else. If anyone wants to come try this server and see if the fixed state appears in your game by all means come. There's onlyme left on the server so it's a limited time opportunity. Makes me wonder if perhaps the cause is from the player that first entered the server. Maybe said player has a certain configuration that can be copied in order to create a fixed state...

Server info:

11v35o5.jpg8x66fm.jpg