Mod to dreadnought Temple Guardian

intro-well based on a crazy idea I had on modding, I modded my drop file to drop the Temple Guardian's tenergy set

and for an experimental build(based on devout) since the set has no item modifiers but has completion bonus

I decided to make a Temple Guardian using the tset,so whats it all about:)

answer-no set item mods(start from scratch),each set piece has 4 slots each being bronze/silver or gold,

rubbish set bonus completion so what more can I say?

im going to be using fiery ember to lure and use deathly spears as killer for mobs etc but dedicated blow for bosses,

so my need is to know what rings/amulets and smith arts to put into set pieces(and what to deal with ranged enemies) to make my build work?

I will post pics of set pieces etc in next few days to give idea of what im dealing with,

I do hope this shows more interest in Temple Guardian's and unofficial support for modders to keep Sacred 2 alive :D

My guess would be some deathblow & +skills amu's but that's my first reflex for any melee build.

Why don't you use Deathly Spears for bosses too? I has a great effect if you have the JAB mod :D

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

thanks chareos,I'll give the jab mod a go on bosses,

ok heres the pics of the Temple Guardian tenergy set enjoy :P

Dimionassetequipped.jpg

Dimionassetcompletionbonus.jpg

DimionasHeadgear.jpg

DimionasTorso.jpg

DimionasBelt.jpg

Dimionasg4LegJoints.jpg

Dimionasg4FootLinks.jpg

DimionasShoulders.jpg

DimionasArmsC-60.jpg

DimionasTri-cellBattery.jpg

so as you can see its a start from scratch job with set having no

item mods in my book good fun!!

its a un-dropable set,in the blue print file theres a t-energy set for all characters except the dm,

I think they were supposed to be added(cause of set completion)but never were,so I just modded

to make it drop out of being nosey

Could you get the Shadow Warrior set to drop also? would be nice to have a look at that.

Did you alter the sockets on the sets?

yeah I can get all t-sets to drop but takes some time to mod files though,

no I did not mod the sockets at all I have not been able to do that,I've messed around

a little though with rubbish results so I gave up lol

Ex-Devs said on the german forums that the t-energy set will be never droppable because they are "not finished''.

Of course it's wrong, with a modified blueprint it's possible to drop/use them.

Wraith, I don't understand... Why modifying set items to have too-easy-overpowered-chars ?

The 4/5 slots is from original set or you added some yourself ?

For me it don't change anything to the gameplay... no ?

:P

the tset has not been modded it comes with those slots the only mod I did was to make it drop,

I actually tried to get rid of some slots to make a difference in gameplay but with no good results,

I tried to make the set pieces have just 2 slots each with no item mods so maybe game would be harder,

but no joy,I've played hc mode niob and survived so I didnt know what to do next

Ex-Devs said on the german forums that the t-energy set will be never droppable because they are "not finished''.

Of course it's wrong, with a modified blueprint it's possible to drop/use them.

Wraith, I don't understand... Why modifying set items to have too-easy-overpowered-chars ?

The 4/5 slots is from original set or you added some yourself ?

For me it don't change anything to the gameplay... no ?

:P

Actually using these items make you under-powered since you can't get as many mods on the items as you would with the ones that is dropable now...

heres a sneek peek at the inquisitors t-energy set fully equipped-

inqtset.jpg

very cool looking! well thats what I think anyway.

Aha, looks very nice! Pitty the devs didn't implement it as droppable :).

Could you provide pics of the other classes too?

And out of curiousity, how did you modify the drop rates? Would it only work for singeplayer or Open Net (I guess so) ?

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Drop tweaking only works for SP or Open Net, or else the whole point of Closed Net would be gone if it allowed use of manipulated drop files.

@chareos-I just took the blueprint id's for the set pieces and added them into my drop file under potions droplist,

then went and killed the four guardians and got them that way took me until just recently on how to do it,

yeah spunky's right sp/open only,it would destroy closed.net for still happy gamers who just wanna play.

I'll post a sneek pic of the other classes as I get them

Edited by wraithking

Yeeeeees! I had a hunch it'd be those skins!

I absolutely love em, I think I'll begin to hold a grudge towards the devs for not implementing them as droppable from now on :agreed:

Thanks for the sneak pics!

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

The Shadow Warrior set is the same as you showed in the Post pics of uniques/sets over at SIF, a great set that give the Shadow Warrior a barbaric look.

Edited by Spunky

the shadow warrior set used to drop in a previous patch(2.34 0r 2.40 I think) then when I patched

to 2.43 it disappeared even in my chest! it was weird but I have it back now I'll post he and dryad ones soon ;)

Well, that wasn't the case for me even though I was farming like a madman, did you play with modified files when it dropped?

And also did they have stats on them?

I wasnt using modded files first time round,and they had no stats then,but I was

having trouble with a patch at time so maybe just luck/glitch the first time they dropped,

I have just used modded files in last 2 weeks or so just for curiosity but still getting bored,

I've just recently started playing my xbox360 again so hopefully my sacred enjoyment will come back to me