mmmmmmmmmm mcmuffin

Two for one coupons arrived in the mail yesterday for just about everything on the menu

egg-mcmuffin.jpg

That look good or what

If you close one eye while you're eating it only half the cholesterol affects you.

Read that somewhere

;)

gogo

2 Egg Mcmuffins and a Hashbrown have been breakfast for me more days than I can count. Since I'm up and on the road by 5am quite often, it's the only way I'd get breakfast. Got one right down the street from my shop, so just a quick trip thru the drive-thru and I'm on my way.

I don't drive but this MCd's is right on the way to the metro...literally it's entrance is a few feet away. I used to make kinda my own breakfast mcmuffins before on the way to work....but dropped into Mcd's a few times accidentally on the way to work... the huge contrast in light and warmth from walking in off of a cold, dark, dreary grey morning was a huge boost to my spirits.

And with the sausage mcmuffins being only 1.35 each now... I think it has great value with getting to say high to my favorite morning food reps with huge smiley faces.

;)

gogo

I don't drive but this MCd's is right on the way to the metro...literally it's entrance is a few feet away. I used to make kinda my own breakfast mcmuffins before on the way to work....but dropped into Mcd's a few times accidentally on the way to work... the huge contrast in light and warmth from walking in off of a cold, dark, dreary grey morning was a huge boost to my spirits.

And with the sausage mcmuffins being only 1.35 each now... I think it has great value with getting to say high to my favorite morning food reps with huge smiley faces.

;)

gogo

Ah fast food employees with great attitude is a hit or miss down here in the states. When ever I would move for a new job, I would make a point to go stop at McDs after the job interview. if they treat me nice then it's a good sign I will like living and working in the area, If they are nasty and grumpy. I bail! I failed to listen to my own advice a couple of times and had many regrets. The nasty McD employees ended being my neighbors and co-workers and I was miserable,

so Loco's rules for moving to new area to live or work:

#1 Do the McDs test!

Ohhh why ohh why did I have to view this thread. I'm cursed, pure and simply cursed. McD's is closed for breakfast. They went and switched to the lunch meal as I woke up and logged on to see this meal of awesomeness. I am already setting my alarm clock for tomorrow so I can get me some.

• 4 months later...

Talk about Muffins! I bake the best Muffins.

240g Flour

150g Sugar

10ml baking powder

pinch of salt

240ml milk

60ml melted butter

2 eggs

5ml vanilla essence

Suggested Flavourings: Apple + Cinnamon( 1 Apple grated and 2 tsp of cinnamon). Cherry and brandy (160g cherries and 30ml brandy). tripple choc (120g melted chocolate, 75g chopped chocolate, 2tsp cocoa powder). Breakfast mix (2 grated carrots, 100g rehydrated raisins, 2tsp cinnamon) Banana and bran (2 very very ripe bananas mashed, 250ml bran)

Method: Preheat the Oven to 180°C. Mix all the liquid ingredients, mix all the dry/solid ingredients. combine the 2 mixture and give a quick stir, THE BATTER SHOULD BE LUMPY! Spoon into a muffin tray and bake for 25min or until just cooked through!

Njoy! :thumpsup:

Edited by Delta!

I fear I have to ask the most fundamental question in menkind: What is a muffin?

When I was at army:

The english said: 'It is like toast bread.'

The americans: 'They are sold at McDonalds'

The spain: 'The americans used a magdalena recipe and just gave it another name, ...'

Wiki differs between english and american muffins, but doesn't mention magdalena's at all...

I guess I stay at our Windbeutel.

windbeutel.jpg

But I do my feared party filling: quinches with chilli.

I fear I have to ask the most fundamental question in menkind: What is a muffin?

When I was at army:

The english said: 'It is like toast bread.'

The americans: 'They are sold at McDonalds'

The spain: 'The americans used a magdalena recipe and just gave it another name, ...'

Wiki differs between english and american muffins, but doesn't mention magdalena's at all...

The recipe that I put on was for the first paragraph on Wikipedia and the third paragraph.

"A muffin is a type of bread that is baked in small portions. Many forms are somewhat like small cakes or cupcakes in shape, although they usually are not as sweet as cupcakes and generally lack frosting. Savory varieties, such as cornbread muffins, also exist. They generally fit in the palm of an adult hand, and are intended to be consumed by an individual in a single sitting."

"There are many varieties and flavors of muffins made with a specific ingredient such as blueberries, chocolate chips, cucumbers, raspberry, cinnamon, pumpkin, date, nut, lemon, banana, orange, peach, strawberry, boysenberry, almond, and carrot, baked into the muffin. Muffins are often eaten for breakfast; alternatively, they may be served for tea or at other meals."

And it looks like the first 2 pictures on Wikipedia

In my Chef Text book. it is classified as a "quick bread" because it doesn't use yeast as a rising agent, and doesn't need to "prove" like yeast breads. the dough can also be baked in a bread tin and cut into slices. like banana or zucchini bread.

Delicious! :thumpsup:

Edited by Delta!

Delta!

I've seen a few of your posts in this food forum lately... wonderful reading you, welcome to the madness :crazy:

You don't mind if I run off with your muffin recipe? I'm getting a bit sick of the kind that I just pour out of a bag ^^

and... Chattius regarding question of muffins...I think muffins are technically anything sold in a fast food franchise (:P) while English muffins are made with lard.

I remember thinking how much I enjoyed the first time I connected the word "muffin" to something I was eating...and after some research, the secret of English muffins turns out to be a prodigious amount of lard.

Could this be it?

:)

gogo

for those with access to a burger king I find thier breakfast muffins (mcd mcmuffin knockoff) actually tastes better than the original (and its cheaper at the moment too)

Ah...I've never had breakfast at Burger Kings's before...only at Mcd's and Harveys. LOVE Harveys. Griddle fresh eggs that would sizzle along side bacon that sometimes spat hot bacon grease on me.

deeeeeeeeelish

:crazy:

gogo

I am a fan of the McDonalds muffins, but I definitely prefer Hungry Jack's (The Australian version of Burger King) breakfast wrap.

image_brekky_wrap.jpg

That looks good. Is that a sausage on the bottom? Elongated so it can fit inside?

:bounce:

gogo

Yep. They use some nice spices on it, which gives it a distinct flavour.

They also have a steak variation, which is pretty good too.

Edited by dreeft
Delta!

I've seen a few of your posts in this food forum lately... wonderful reading you, welcome to the madness :)

You don't mind if I run off with your muffin recipe? I'm getting a bit sick of the kind that I just pour out of a bag ^^

and... Chattius regarding question of muffins...I think muffins are technically anything sold in a fast food franchise (:D) while English muffins are made with lard.

I remember thinking how much I enjoyed the first time I connected the word "muffin" to something I was eating...and after some research, the secret of English muffins turns out to be a prodigious amount of lard.

Could this be it?

:)

gogo

Hey gogo. Go crazy with the recipe. One of my fellow trainee chefs even tried cannabis flavoured and told me that is was very nice. (can't expect anything less from weed) but hey. That is what I love about this recipe, you can change it any way you want to make a flavour that you crave!

Delta!