Earthquake in Ancaria

Since Ice & Blood my screen starts to shake at random times. The keyboard doesn't react then, the mouse does. It looks like an earthquake. It takes a couple of minutes and then when I hit the pause button a few times it reacts again and I can continue.

It seems like the game is becoming unstable since ice & blood. Before that I hadn't any problems and with the latest patches (like 2.43) the game was very stable. No crashes then, no shaking and everything was just normal.

Now it looks like the game is back to the beginning, when it also had alot of bugs and other problems.

Also there are some random questcircles that leads to nowhere (have created a topic for that in the bugs section), the characters aren't very talkative anymore and when receiving a new quest it isn't activated like that was the thing before Ice and Blood.

The expansion starts to annoy me alot, despite the new things (like changing hair colours, new items, 2 new areas, etc).

Is there a solution to make things more enjoyable? I would like to see that shaking go away and the behaviour of the quests acts normal again. The broken circles aren't solved I guess. I don't see that deep silver release a patch on the short term.

An unofficial patch may be the solution.

I'm happy to tell you that yes, it is possible to make your experience more enjoyable. There is a very simple solution to your "motion sickness" although not yet a well known one. All we need to do to stop the screen from shaking is add a small line of text to a optionsCustom.txt file. For a basic understanding of the optionsCustom file you can check out Guide to Customizing the Sacred 2 Camera View. You'll see in that guide that I've added a new bit of code that will stop the screen from shaking that is caused by various effects such as when Meteors are used.

camera.cameraShake = 0

Have fun. :)

I'm happy to tell you that yes, it is possible to make your experience more enjoyable. There is a very simple solution to your "motion sickness" although not yet a well known one. All we need to do to stop the screen from shaking is add a small line of text to a optionsCustom.txt file. For a basic understanding of the optionsCustom file you can check out Guide to Customizing the Sacred 2 Camera View. You'll see in that guide that I've added a new bit of code that will stop the screen from shaking that is caused by various effects such as when Meteors are used.

camera.cameraShake = 0

Have fun. :)

Does the camera thing now work with Ice and Blood? Cause I've read in that thread that some lines were changed, like camera2, and there wasn't a solution yet.

So I have then to make a textfile called OptionsCustom and delete the original options.txt, right?

The talkative part can be changed somewhere in the options in the game (not sure if only from the main menu options, or also from the ingame menu options)

I have already set it to frequently and even with always they still aren't very talkative then before.

Edited by candesco
Does the camera thing now work with Ice and Blood? Cause I've read in that thread that some lines were changed, like camera2, and there wasn't a solution yet.

So I have then to make a textfile called OptionsCustom and delete the original options.txt, right?

The talkative part can be changed somewhere in the options in the game (not sure if only from the main menu options, or also from the ingame menu options)

I have already set it to frequently and even with always they still aren't very talkative then before.

the camera options do work in Ice and Blood. Check a few of the most recent posts for examples of optionsCustom.txt (case sensitve).

As for the talking. the option in Sound setting is for your hero. Do you mean the npc's talking? I haven't just sat in a market area and listened in a while. I remember all kinds of quirky conversations in the past. I'll have to check that out in Ice and Blood

• 2 weeks later...

Little update: well, I've done to what Schot is referring to and I use now altered options with the line of camera shake included.

I use the same kind of options as Schot does, without the extra things (is posted in the guide to set the camera)

I also turned Vsync on. However, the screen still shakes. Not as long as before, but it still does. Now I wonder; does ice & blood make the game heavier in use?

I already turned the grass detail a bit back.