Considering switching from SC to HC

Hi all, this is the first time I say something, but I've been out there reading for a long while. I'm considering to switch from Softcore to Hardcore, but I'm concerned I won't have many people to play with or who will give a hand once in a while. I'd like to know your opinions and experiences in HC, because even in SC I often lack a group to play with. I've already talked to Woody ingame who kindly redirected me towards here, and here I am. Oh! and thanks again Woody XD.

In HC you always find people who will help out if they can, I don't know how many are playing SC but on daytime(for me) we have a decent amount of people that are playing on the HC servers.

Just make a HC char to see what's going on and I'll come around with some starting gear and gold for you.

Welcome :)

Well it's nice to see such a welcome, I didn't mean to ask for items (if that's how it sounded), although they are always welcome :) (as long as you really don't need them), all I need is people to play with and have fun, in definitive, be member of a comunity :whip:, I think I won't regret switching to HC.

EDIT: By the way, do you all add the [D.a.r.k.] (Forum name) before the name of the chars?

Edited by zalioth

Well, I've already created a toon, a temple guardian called Temple Guardian-6.674, it will be my utility char, so it doesn't really matter the name XD.

I'm with woody, I've just found out I can used the shared stash from the sc chars... this means im gonna be making good use of all the items I got from my SC time! :)

Hi Zalioth

Welcome to the forum!

The [D.a.r.k] is exclusive to our clan here on site and is allowed for players when they are voted in as per our clan application rules.

Great seeing your interest in the HC servers. There's a good number of us always on, we're friendly and love to help.

Welcome to HC

:)

gogo

woody has already risen my char level to 21 by doing quests... this is nuts! I've spent the whole day lvling up my sc Temple Guardian to level 25 and now he goes and does this! XDD

I almost missed all the fun of a new player joining our community. But I will make up for it I am sure!.

Welcome!Welcome!Welcome!Welcome!Welcome!Welcome!Welcome!Welcome!Welcome!Welcome!Welcome!

Great to see you Jose! We are fun to play with and the sharing and giving of items and gold really knocked me off my feet when I first joined. Even after the first 3 or 4 deaths I still had people ready to share with me. You will never have to ask , its just way we are! But if your looking from something, please don't hesitate to ask anyone you see here. We are all glad to help out. And it looks like Woody has you well on your way.

BTW, on HC deaths happen, just ask Woody! lol He is catching up to me on dead characters! :) ( Just a little fun poke at you Woody)

See you on the servers Jose!

woody has already risen my char level to 21 by doing quests... this is nuts! I've spent the whole day lvling up my sc Temple Guardian to level 25 and now he goes and does this! XDD

I love doing this, especially when it help someone. :D

He's Expert, and knows all the expertise of the game

:)

gogo... :blush:

BTW, on HC deaths happen, just ask Woody! lol He is catching up to me on dead characters! :) ( Just a little fun poke at you Woody)

Blablablabla Loco :):tongue:

(lol ^^)

Thank you all for such warmest welcome :blush:.

Locolagarto, where did you get your name? XD, and I don't mean the andrew XD.

Woody thank you so much again, 24.5 lvls in around 15 to 20 mins! I had no idea this was possible! XDD

Oh, and don't worry, I don't like asking for too much, just someone to get me those juicy damage and armor forge arts from niob from time to time! :tongue: (at least until I get to niob myself XD)

Thank you all so much, it's been such a perfect welcome :).

EDIT: Woody told me the best option to make a Temple Guardian for hardcore would be the melee one, but I don't have the slightest idea about how to make an effective one, would anyone mind to redirect me to a small guide that is up to patch or tell me the skills that are needed? thanks a lot :D.

Edited by zalioth
Thank you all for such warmest welcome :).

Long story short, my wife was born and raised in Guatemala. we met and married here in the states. I often bounce my name ideas for characters off of her for the spanish translations and sometimes the turn out cool and other times not.

This guide looks pretty good to me, and it is written by Dobri, who does a very nice job of explaining things in a way that really makes you feel like you know what your doing afterwords.

Comprehensive guide to the utility Temple Guardian

Thanks for pointing it out :tongue:.

I only have one doubt left, how should I distribute the attribute points? I guess Str and Vit and Sta/Will would be the best?

Thank you all for such warmest welcome :blush:.

Long story short, my wife was born and raised in Guatemala. we met and married here in the states. I often bounce my name ideas for characters off of her for the spanish translations and sometimes the turn out cool and other times not.

Well, crazylizard sounds cool enough ^^.

You will see plenty of spanish names in my chars XDD or not, depends on how I feel like lol.

I have the opposite situation, I'm spanish and my girlfriend is english, right now we keep our relationship in the distance meeting up as much as we can, but hopefully that will change soon :).

I would say Stamina/Willpower as strength is a waste, or go pure Willpower as I do with my current Temple Guardian to get some real power in my energy shield.

Yeah, illuminate us :).

How is Str a waste? too little of a bonus in comparison? wouldn't be Vit a good option to put like 10% of the points? I mean, cuz when the shield is gone you can't take pots to replenish it, but the hitpoints ... you take the potion and at least you survive long enough to get out.

Well, with 1 point into Willpower it adds about 25-30 shield energy, I will look closely on next level up to get the accurate amount per point spent.

EDIT: Strength gives so low damage that it is not worth it at all, 1100 strength gives me about 600 extra damage.

Edited by Spunky
Well, with 1 point into Willpower it adds about 25-30 shield energy, I will look closely on next level up to get the accurate amount per point spent.

EDIT: Strength gives so low damage that it is not worth it at all, 1100 strength gives me about 600 extra damage.

Well 600 base damage actually sounds like quite a bit. But damage is easy to find. Defense in Ice and Blood is of more interest to me. and Willpower has other defensive benefits that would be good to have.

600 damage don't work as if you had a weapon with XXX-600 damage, as it looks to me is that 600 is all you get as I remember before Ice and Blood 1000 Strength gave me a bonus of 7K damage.

Welcome to D.A.R.K Zalioth,

Keep an eye open for anyone with (DA) next to their nick as well.

Clan DA has a close relationship with D.A.R.K and we treat each other as very close friends.

Unfortunately most of clan DA members have stopped playing Sacred2 but there are still a couple that play occasionally.

Like the members of D.A.R.K we are always eager to help others, especially any one new to HC.

Have fun :blink: