Activation code already in use online?

Hello all,

I have just installed sacred 2 (US) and downloaded all patches up to and including 2.43.

When I first installed the game, I created an online account for use on closed net. Obviously I wasn't compatible yet without version 2.43 so I used the patcher and first received 2.40 and couldn't log in, then patched to 2.43 and still can't log in.

The game's error tells me I should review the manual for further instructions... Except I don't really see the further instructions in the manual.

It tells me password doesn't match. So I try to create a new account and it tells me that the activation code is already in use online. Anyway to reset my "online" status or is there a timed reset where my previous try or entry with the activation code will log off?

Any help you can provide will be GREATLY appreciated.

-- Evolving

Hi Jeff, welcome to DarkMatters!

I know I get this if I log out, and the servers still haven't registered me as logging out... is this issue still plaguing you?

:)

gogo

Thank you gogo and llama.

The issue is still going on. I have started a support ticket with CDV as of several days ago and no response. Though I have seen activity as the person that my ticket is assigned to has changed at least once.

Further progress on above. I went through the revokation process, then unlocked and renewed my activation code hoping that would force my account off the system. No luck there.

There is no autosend or other recourse that I can see to get my password emailed to me or otherwise start a new account other than through the support tickets.

I plan on giving them until close of business Monday, then will begin seeking a refund or exchange from Amazon.com.

I can play on single player just fine. I have checked my home network, port availability and port open status and all check out. I have no problems playing PS3, 360 or other PC games online.

Have thought about just buying another key because I'm impatient but that is at least as much as a brand new game. :)

Still crossing my fingers that they resolve this for me.

It sounds to me as though either you typed the user name wrong or the password wrong. I'm not saying you did; Just that after reading your first post that it reads to me that way. Has it been a long time since you last played? It also reads to me as though you are returning to Sacred 2 after a long break. If that's so then maybe you've forgotten something about your login name and/or password? It's happened to me once or twice. When I can't seem to log in I open notepad, type out my username and password and then paste them into Sacred 2's login fields. Just to be sure I'm doing it right.

I'm afraid there seems to be no other way to get your password reset. The US version of Sacred 2 only provides ticket support. If it was a UK version you'd have the option of emailing or even phoning for support.

As an update.

Schot ty for the info. Unfortunately this was a new install/activation for PC. I have played Sacred 2 on both PS3 and 360 for many hours and decided to finally give the computer version a go due mainly to this forum and the members/players/guides here. That and I want to be able to control my glacial thorns a bit better :P.

Very easily could have typed in either or both wrong during the account creation process, though I know my account name at least is valid. What is troubling to me is that perhaps it accepted my info even if my password and retype password were not the same? or that my email address was off in the same way and thus I am locked out.

Some good news though. CDV has responded to my ticket and hopefully will be able to sort it out with me on the phone tonight. I am hopeful that they will either let me create a new account altogether so that there are no lingering issues with this login name or issue me a new password that I can use. I will be sure to post the resolution once it occurs/does not occur.

Cheers all, wish me luck.

Good luck with CDV

Have you tried the 'forgot details?' button? I know it wasn't functional for a bit but I believe it works now. You should see it just below where you input your account name and password (after you select Multiplayer). If nothing else it would verify whether your email was correct and/or what your password is.

Success!

CDV did come through, it just took a while. The support rep manually entered my acct/pw and turned me loose. Certainly an odd bug and they could save themselves alot of time by letting you use your email to reset/recover passwords.

Now if they would just get Ice and Blood haha.

Off to the class forums for me.

Thank you all for reading/helping/taking an interest. See you in Ancaria.

Gratz EvolvingMammal! I'm glad to read that CDV treated you well and were able to solve the problem. :) Have fun making those thorns go exactly where you want them to. :Just_Cuz_21:

Success!

CDV did come through, it just took a while. The support rep manually entered my acct/pw and turned me loose. Certainly an odd bug and they could save themselves alot of time by letting you use your email to reset/recover passwords.

Now if they would just get Ice and Blood haha.

Off to the class forums for me.

Thank you all for reading/helping/taking an interest. See you in Ancaria.

Awesome, glad you got it going, and happy Ancarian wanderings to you!

:)

gogo