Portal 2 is coming!!

I know many of you already know. But game informer came yesterday and on the front and and back cover was teaser art for the upcoming release of Portal2.

This may be the game that makes me take a short break from sacred2.

For those that don't know it. Google it!.

Ah, Woody :)

I remember portal. It had that really cool door action, yes?

:D

gogo

Oh yah! A serious brain teaser. It was a college project that Valve sponsored. And ended up a cult hit. The new one is a full on production. That is the first 4 dimensional puzzle game I have ever played the sucked me in like that. Every pjuzzle had a solution and I couldn't stop until I solved every.

"Speedy things in, make speedy things out!"

• 1 month later...
Oh yah! A serious brain teaser. It was a college project that Valve sponsored. And ended up a cult hit. The new one is a full on production. That is the first 4 dimensional puzzle game I have ever played the sucked me in like that. Every pjuzzle had a solution and I couldn't stop until I solved every.

"Speedy things in, make speedy things out!"

for Portal 2, I hope it will have more 'story' , so curious how aperture science is connected to black mesa and what their ship has to do with the incidents in Half Life

however, I'm not sure where this will lead to, storyline of Portal2 is said to be set 'decades' or 'centuries' after Portal1..

makes we wonder if EP2 is set close to the timeline of Portal1, or 2.. then?

and then again, even HL2 already plays many years after HL1,

there are hints that Gordon was put into stasis by the G-Man during end of HL1 to beginning of HL2, also the reason why his collegues look so drastically aged now..

---------------------------------------------------------

anyways:

the 'predecessor' of Portal 1 regarding it's unique style of gameplay is called

Narbacular Drop ,

developed by students of the DigiPen Institute..

PORTAL 2:

and guess what, there's another one, by Students of the same Institute,

it is said they now work for Valve...

TAG: The Power of Paint...

it gives the whole "3D FPS puzzle game" a bit of a new touch, you must definitely check it out..

by default, your character isn't able to do anything, like jumping or crouching.. instead, to move on and solve each level,

you color the surface with a paintball cannon - while each color has it's unique effect when you touch it,

enabling you to jump over barriers, or run faster..

maybe the new 'advanced' portal-cannon features will be a bit like in Tag, we'll see... :(

Edited by Rotluchs

From what I read portal was just a school project sponsored by Valve. it was a huge suprise to Valve when it was so well liked. and some of the original portal students are now part of a much bigger dev team for portal 2. the new one is set many years after the first, and there seems to be a more in depth story to this one. as well as some cool new tools. some of which may resemble your other paint game.

• 4 weeks later...
Interested to see what this is like. The first one is awesome.

If you're having portal withdrawals, check out the Flash version: http://portal.wecreatestuff.com/

yeah, although they've also made a map-pack of their flash version, for the originial Portal-Source Version:

http://portalmaps.wecreatestuff.com/

also an interesting Portal-Mod:

Portal Prelude

as the title already says, a (fictive/unofficial) Prequel to the 'Story' in Portal,

you witness the installing of GLaDOs and it's very first testrun / commissioning,

and test-chambers are monitored by Aperture-Science personnel manually..

has new cutscenes, and even audio dialogues (sort of)..

but the best is:

the complete original Valve Portal is downloadable FOR FREE now !

(over steam , until May 24th )

http://store.steampowered.com/freeportal/

this is your chance to try it out, if you haven't already..

Edited by Rotluchs
  • 3 weeks later...

Valve cancels Portal 2 press event at E3 !?

check this out, for example the news on www.destructoid.com ! :

http://www.destructoid.com/valve-cancels-p...ng-175183.phtml

imagine how the computer voice of glaDOS sounds like, then read the read the text in red...

I'm deep in E3 planning, so when any one event gets canceled or shuffled, I'm not entirely pleased. But Valve, it can do whatever it wants.

See, it had a Portal 2 press conference event taking place on Monday, June 14. Now it's not happening; it's been canceled. Valve says that it has replaced the event with a "surprise," but doesn't go into any details. I'll find out, I'm sure -- I'm already penciled in to see Portal 2 (and whatever else they'd like to show me -- begin speculation now) behind-closed-doors.

But why is this so amazing? It's how they canceled it. The full email, in all of its glory, after the jump.

[iMAGE]

Subject: A note from Aperture Science

Dear Subject Name Here,

Aperture Science is pleased to inform you that we have partnered with Valve to announce the gala CANCELLATION of the June 14 Portal 2 event at the Regal Theater. The event will be replaced by a surprise. And even though the cancellation of the event certainly counts as a surprise, we are pleased to further announce that the cancellation of the event is not THE surprise. However, per International treaties regarding the definition of the word "surprise", of which both Aperture Science and Valve are signatories, the time, date and content of the actual surprise will only become available as you experience the surprise.

If you'd like to ask fruitless questions about the E3 Portal 2 surprise or, more fruitfully, schedule an appointment to attend a Portal 2 screening at the Valve booth during E3, please contact Valve's Special Envoy to Surprises, Doug Lombardi.

Thank you for <<RECORD SCRATCH!>>

PS: The surprising record scratch is also not the surprise.

lol.. Valve and their actual marketing team..

they definitely understand how to hype up things..

(yet, I wanna know what its gonna be, now! :) )

Edited by Rotluchs
  • 2 weeks later...

duh.. well there's 'some' news about Portal 2 and E3 , no idea if it's supposed to be the 'surprise' or not ..

first of all, it has been delayed to 2011, even before E3 started..

also, @ Sony's booth , Gabe Newell announced Portal 2 for Playstation3..

and finally, here are some E3 trailer&gampeplay/feature videos..

especially interesting (for me) is the last one (..part 3 , starting @ ~ 1:30) ,

which features some of the spray-paint elements you can see in the video linked a few posts above ( the experimental game/test called 'TAG')

Edited by Rotluchs

I was more than excited after watching Valve's presentation of Portal 2 (PS3) at E3 2010. I'm extremely optimistic about what they have planned for the PS3 release. Hopefully this time around there will actually be cake! Maybe I'll get to keep my companion cube this time to...

"The symptoms most commonly produced by Enrichment Center testing are superstition, perceiving inanimate objects as alive, and hallucinations. The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak."

I was more than excited after watching Valve's presentation of Portal 2 (PS3) at E3 2010. I'm extremely optimistic about what they have planned for the PS3 release. Hopefully this time around there will actually be cake! Maybe I'll get to keep my companion cube this time to...

the companion cube, thehe.. uhm well from what I've heard you can even play in coop-mode with a friend, maybe GLaDoS or the cube gets jealous and will plot smth on you..

might be interesting,

that Cross-Platform Coop-Feature they were talking about.. PS3 & PC users teaming up?

but there is no chance something like this would work for any competitive play-modes, imho.

the companion cube, thehe.. uhm well from what I've heard you can even play in coop-mode with a friend, maybe GLaDoS or the cube gets jealous and will plot smth on you..

might be interesting,

that Cross-Platform Coop-Feature they were talking about.. PS3 & PC users teaming up?

but there is no chance something like this would work for any competitive play-modes, imho.

Well if they do implement cross-platforming it will be interesting to see how they plan to make the game into a co-op experience. Maybe through co-op we stand a fair chance at actually getting some cake! When I beat Portal all I could think about was getting some cake.

• 1 month later...