Network error in Hotel

So I am set up with internet in my hotel room in Indianapolis and I can browse the web, but it seems they have there firewall pretty well locked down. My Xfire account won't connect and when I try to log onto closed net I get a " network error (64). check network connection or firewall settings". I told the desk clerk I needed port 6800, but I don't think that will be enough. I also am not sure if they will help me out. I wanna ask for something reasonable so as not to make them think I am looking to open there net to security issues.

Having withdrawals already loco? lol. Can't you tell them the truth. ^^ That even a grown man like yourself needs his video games. :D Seriously though, it's a unique circumstance. I'm not sure how I would resolve this one. I guess they would have to have a fairly secure firewall given so many are connecting to it. And as for the Hotel IT I'd wager they are the kind that know just enough and dare not change anything. In fact I'd guess it's offsite IT that are only there when called in for something urgent or an upgrade.

Having withdrawals already loco? lol. Can't you tell them the truth. ^^ That even a grown man like yourself needs his video games. :)

Easy for you to tease the poor guy with no sacred2 fix! lol Another couple days and I will tell then anything!!

so I need eu.sacred2.net and port 6800 right? :D

Hehehehe, yup! That sure was easy. :tease:

6800 is the magic number and I'm pretty sure they don't need eu.sacred2.net but it wouldn't hurt since they may have a more complex firewall than us home users. You could tell them your son who you are expecting to arrive; uh... at some point in time, asked you to set up the game for him so he wouldn't be bored. ^^

Ugh not yet

I do have my net on public and firewall/antivirus on. (With sacred2 as an exception) With a ton of unknowns on the LAN I was scared to turn em off.

I am headed back to Industry tonight after a quick trip home to see my wife and kids. I will try it naked and see it that works.