Demonic Blow

Munera

Heya!

As you probably know, I'm reeeally hooked with Shadow Warriors, specially with Death Warriors. I've always modified the Demonic Blow for Area of Effect and Life Leech. It was very useful with my Khane, a dual weilder, but since I created the wee two-handed-hafted one, things aren't the same they were before. I'm using Scything Sweep quite a lot, as it deals as much damage as the Demonic Blow, has more range, and provides the powerful rage mode.

So I thought: I'm not a very good bosskiller, what if I modify DB the other way round? But that means wounds, physical damage. I'm not sure, but as toons level up, they get higher damage converters, and therefore, less physical damage and less physical damage over time. I started to wonder why are these DoT mods (Open and Serious Open Wounds) so common, and why are they unlocked by most weapon lore skills. Maybe Frailty mod helps, but are wounds that powerful? What would be the best choice? Please help me :)

Thanks in advance

I would say Vehemence, use Demonic Blow in Combo with Scything Sweep(with Rage mod), and put SS first and you will get a massive damage boost when DB goes off.

For boss killing Frenzied Rampage equipped with a LL% weapon is the way to go.

I would say Vehemence, use Demonic Blow in Combo with Scything Sweep(with Rage mod), and put SS first and you will get a massive damage boost when DB goes off.

For boss killing Frenzied Rampage equipped with a LL% weapon is the way to go.

The thing is that I'm a pure Death Warrior and I don't use FR. That's why I'm asking if modifying DB for bosskilling will be a good a idea

Yes it would as Vehemence have no value when going against single opponents, Wounding/Poisoning/Trauma would be my suggested mods for DB if you want to use it for pure boss killing.

Wounding/Poisoning/Trauma

Why Poisoning and not Frailty? Reducing enemy's armor class IMO suits better for bosskilling.

Yeeeah dude, that's exactly what I was gonna say :)

Since Frailty only affects physical armor I would rather go with the poison damage(damage over time) that can't be resisted by armor values, it's all about having a constant stream of damage if you want to use DB as a boss killer.

Edited by Spunky

Yeah, I know it only reduces physical armor, but we have to consider that we are modyfing DB for physical DoT not once, but twice. Anyway, how big is the amount of venom added to the Combat Art damage?

No idea, but then the Frailty doesn't mean anything as you won't be doing more physical DOT even though their physical armor is lower.

Interesting...pre patch I remember running a ranged Shadow Warrior, and I had chosen the Demonic Blows's DOt for bosses...because I ONLY used the demonic blow for bosses in a combo after finding out that vehemence was a splash, and I did not have enough time to see how far ranged it would go with higher levels.

I knew that I would only be using one Combat Art as my main...opted Scythes, and only fired Demonic Blow as a boss killer ...beautiful powerful Combat Art ^^

:)

gogo

Since Frailty only affects physical armor I would rather go with the poison damage(damage over time) that can't be resisted by armor values, it's all about having a constant stream of damage if you want to use DB as a boss killer.

Spunky, the DoT you get from Poisoning is due to the poison damage (ie, a % of the poison damage they take after resists is applied per second), rather than a "true" DoT that you would get from something like Frost Flare/Blazing Tempest.

:) It doesn't help that there are two different sources of DoTs, which are treated differently as far as armour is concerned. Though thinking about it, once the DoT is applied, I don't think that armour is involved in the damage calc, it's just that for the elemental damage-based DoT (doing fire damage to start them burning, as against the DoT from Blazing Tempest) the damage figure is taken from the post-resists damage.

Yeah, I know armour values dont affect directly DoT but they do indirectly. If you managed to decrease you opponent's physical armor, you'll inflict more physical damage, and the higher the damage the boss takes, the higher the DoT he receives. Am I right? :)

Well it needs to be tested :4rofl:

But if you will get your Shadow Warrior high chance to disregard armor, you'll have to choose Poisoning, I think.

Edited by ololcat