Physical Damage Builds

What about focusing on physical damage? I know all enemies have that armor resistance, but I'm quite interested in it. It may seem absurd, but when you think about all the pros and all the things u get benefits from... There are so many ways to increase the chance for wounds, and you can reduce opponents' physical armor as well. Maybe these builds can become good DoT bosskillers. Have you ever tried it?

Hmmm, the spidergirl build kills mob with physical damage mainly. The Detheya is for bosses mainly. Fen fires receive way less damage, so I suppose that damage mitigation is a big factor in a pure physical build at some enemies.

Kungfu Dryad:

Weaponless: so no damage converter in a weapon

Dryad: so no damage converting gloves.

Ravaged impact: modified for wounds -not poison- ,armour piercing and explosion.

I was planing on double dagger characters a while ago. 2 armour piercing daggers, physical build. But had not yet the time to play them and I used the armour piercing idea for a kungfu dryad.

The question if armour piercing is just pass the damage unfiltered to the target or if it sets the armour to 0 in the damage calculation is still unanswered. But I think it is just doing the damage unfiltered.

The other idea would be to socket/wield stuff which reduces physical armour. The problem are enemies with a high physical damage mitigation.

Edited by chattius

I was thinking in weapons. They have a higher base damage, their own weapon skill (and you get DoT chances from them) and some other extra modifiers.

On hafted there is a mod to reduce physical armor. One of the best trees for dragon mage is elemental which is mostly physical. Too bad they can't take hafted lore.

I'm not sure about this. I know that in Niobium levels, monsters usually start a huge slant towards monoelemental damages. For example, a monster that had a touch of fire with mostly physical damage output in silver, will have almost the opposite in Niobium. Is this slant there for their defenses as well?

If so, may we end up with this build targeting physical high resistances which are ubiquitous in early levels but almost non-existant in Niobium?

:unsure:

gogo

Or... we should get pix of x number of enemies at silver level...then the same x enemies at niobium. We can compare their defenses and resistances... If we see the allocation of resistances changing as the levels incresae what will happen I guess is that your type of build would be excellent at low levels... there is a mod actually that has huge impact of phys armor or enemies... I would make conjecture that your build would be superbly powerful at low levels...because most enemies share about 50 percent phys resistances...then the power of the build would weaken at higher levels.

Just my guess

:unsure:

gogo

On hafted there is a mod to reduce physical armor. One of the best trees for dragon mage is elemental which is mostly physical. Too bad they can't take hafted lore.

The DM can take Ancient Magic (when mastered) to reduce the effect of the target's physical resists & Maelstrom can be modded to reduce physical armour (mod 1a reduces physical armour) if you're willing to take a Mentalism skill.