New sig!

In celebration of officially becoming D.a.r.k., I decided to make myself a sig to sort of match my avatar. I made it on the hubby's laptop, since this system doesn't have Photoshop... and on my screen it looks a tad dark compared to when I made it. :P Although with the monitor problems I've been having, it could just be that my screen is really dark.

How does it look to you guys? Can you read the fonts clearly? They're supposed to be a bit shadowy, but you still should be able to make them out without straining too much. :P

Oh yes. Very very nice! Excellent work Kelyndra. /bow I noticed it last night and had thought. "Woooow. That's nice. :D " The extra white glow, or is that an inverted shadow:), on the word "side" is a really nice touch.

Classy, subtle and effective are words that come to mind with this sig.

Wear it proudly. :Mafia2:

P.s. Not too dark for me. Forgot to answer that one. hehe.

Also, you could open that sucker up in photoshop later on and play with colour balance to try and make the colour on the sig match the light saber colour on the avatar.

Thanks, Schot! That means a lot coming from you, O Talented One. :D

Yeah, I knew the lightsaber colours were off... I didn't have the av over on the other comp to compare it to, so I might get around to sending it over and playing with it later today.

Oh yes, and that is outer glow around the word "side." The word "D.a.r.k." actually uses inner shadow. :oooo:

Oh yah! I thought I noticed some depth on "D.a.r.k."... Boy if there is one thing I find challenging, it's trying to apply detail to text when it is that small. Need to invent smaller pixels! /drool

Tell me you're a photoshop addict too! /lol

The saber in her sig is the design she's using for her Star Wars character... I'd suggest altering the colour balance in the avatar to match it instead ;)

Guest gogoblender

nice work dudette

clever, sharp and inventive

:)

gogo

p.s. heh, darkside with a light saber...how cool is that B)

p.s. on a final note, perhaps make your name and the writing a touch more visible?

At first glance I find I have to get a little closer.

Your avatar's writing is very easy to read and is fast access

The sig's writing is a trickier to read...mabye it's contrast or soemthing?

cheers!

Well yeah... the idea was simply to make them match. :) I do like the pale blue, especially since it jives with the story of the crystal she found. :)

Story? Your Av/sig have a story?!

*Sits down in comfy chair*

Woot! New topic!

Tell us!

Pleeeaaase! /bounce

Haha, well like was mentioned before, Kelyndra is actually a Star Wars roleplaying character of mine. The game we're currently playing involves Andr007, JonJon, Ankh, and Adrienne... and when we began the game last year, Cthuhlu was playing too. :)

I have the story written up of her "test" and how she found her saber crystal. I could post it if you really wanted, I guess.

Ah cool. Which star wars game is that? Or is it D&D like role playing game with dice and stuff?

Oh btw! I had another neat idea regarding the light saber. Wouldn't it be cool if your saber had 2 small blades on the sides like Electras sai.

saia.jpg

That would be HOT! ninja04.gif

Wow ! Never heard of that SW rpg before - now, thanks to this thread (and many others), I've gotta put some money away for this game, a keyboard, a PhysX card, new motherboard (which would have to include new graphx card), foods for all those strange recepies..... heck I need to get a new job !

... one that pays BIG bucs... :D

• 3 weeks later...

I made some changes to the sig... added in the Ogame info, and server info for Vendetta. :P I also threw in a very slight gradiant, just to add a bit more depth.

If you can't see any changes yet, just refresh.. this sig and the old one have the same file name. ;)

Ah very nice Kelyndra! /yay

I love the subtle touches you've applied. The slight change in your name, the appearance of a fade on the upper part of ogame text and lower part of vendetta text and the, (white/balck?), gradient on the glowing saber. Really cool touches.

I'm curious... I look at the placement of the ogame text and the vendetta text and I can't imagine how I would have placed them myself. I think I would probably have had a hard time choosing where on the saber I would put them. Did you have a hard time with that?

Definitely one of the classiest sigs I've seen. :P

Thanks Schot and Claire. :P

Regarding the placement of the text for ogame and vendetta... I didn't really think too much about it. I just moved it around until the image looked balanced to me. It's the same principle of arranging pictures on a wall... they don't always have to be the same size or the same height on the wall, but they have to fool the eye into some sense of balance to look visually pleasing. ;)

Edit: And the gradient is a very dark, rich blue to white... but faded to 30% transparency.