Bargaining Verses Enhanced Perception

First I apologize if this has been covered before and else where, but trolling Topic's by search takes ages and I want to play :P

Anyways there are many brilliant game technical people here whom can give links to threads or comment on this !

Premise, excluding Dryad build was going to make a build based upon the Staff lore in the AddOn and was going to include Bargaining and Perception in the build so which ?

This got me thinking do you get any real advantage to the drops you get from Enhanced Perception ? and if not best to just develop a character with Bargining and go shopping.

If I'm wrong and Enhanced Perception real worthwhile for a Utility char then want to combine it with bargaining and survive Niobium so which build then, this is my dilemma at the moment.

All comments apprieciated.

I guess it depends what you want to do with your character. Bargaining requires a large investment when it comes to skill points and takes alot of of your time up looking for exactly what you want. Enhanced perception is something you can probably get to mastery and leave it, however it is much more hit and miss. You cant choose what drops you get, you can only increase your chance of any good drop by abit..So if you already have plenty of set items to wear for your dryad then unless you have a specific aim like legendary hunting you probably dont need enhanced perception. Instead, just use bargaining to by the goodies to socket into the sets that you already have and will find without EP.

Thats how I would do it anyway, sets drop so commonly as it is without EP .

enhanced perception still won't get you good jewelry.. But it will get you some of the nicer uniques and more set pieces. A few more jewelry but nothing compared to bargaining.

They are not replacements for eachother they are totally different animals.

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=14890

^I asked the same question during this thread (scroll down to the last few posts), where I was told to go after Bargaining. However, the opinion seems to vary quite a bit. Bargaining has a precision that's limited only by your patience (and your willingness to pour points into it). Enhanced Perception, on the other hand, doesn't slow you down, and the whole point of the game is to kill monsters anyway (thus making constant rolls for EP). Typically, as Claudius pointed out, EP is used to get set items and uniques (which can't be bought), and Bargaining is used to get jewelry.

Could be wrong, but I think EP causes a permanent boost (unaffected by level) to your chance to find rare items. Bargaining, on the other hand, is based on your character's level. You want to keep Bargaining at your character's level for it to remain effective. (It actually scales worse than this, since it's at its "best" on a Level 2 toon, and it progressively gets worse and harder to keep that strong from then on.)

Thank-you for the responses and the link to the other discussion. I think I have this sussed to what I will do now.

^I asked the same question during this thread (scroll down to the last few posts), where I was told to go after Bargaining. However, the opinion seems to vary quite a bit. Bargaining has a precision that's limited only by your patience (and your willingness to pour points into it). Enhanced Perception, on the other hand, doesn't slow you down, and the whole point of the game is to kill monsters anyway (thus making constant rolls for EP). Typically, as Claudius pointed out, EP is used to get set items and uniques (which can't be bought), and Bargaining is used to get jewelry.

Could be wrong, but I think EP causes a permanent boost (unaffected by level) to your chance to find rare items. Bargaining, on the other hand, is based on your character's level. You want to keep Bargaining at your character's level for it to remain effective. (It actually scales worse than this, since it's at its "best" on a Level 2 toon, and it progressively gets worse and harder to keep that strong from then on.)

Ep and bargaining both function on on the same progressive scale for item spawns.

this thread by Antitrust is very detailed but good and gold. http://forum.sacred2.com/showthread.php?t=56777

Ep and bargaining both function on on the same progressive scale for item spawns.

this thread by Antitrust is very detailed but good and gold. http://forum.sacred2.com/showthread.php?t=56777

From the thread: "Bargaining works just like EP, but it has diminishing returns that depend on character level. . . The skill level that is required to unlock the higher quality levels depends on character level (the exact formulas are unknown). Low-level characters can reach tier 12 with just a few skill points, and can even get to the point where mostly yellow items are offered. High-level characters require more investment."

^This is what I was referring to. EP just gives you a straight-up bonus (and allows you to use items that boost EP), but Bargaining has to be managed more over time to be effective. At least by the sound of it. (On the other hand, Bargaining is just a matter of patience.)

I like Shattered's spin on this... Ep being a straight up bonus, while bargaining being a huge over time thing. EP will help with your armor and uniques, also won't slow you down on your way up to the top.. bargaining... ha, don't get me going on bargaining as as ^$#%%^^# time sink.

I feel much better now

;)

gogo

Bargaining also burns through gold at the speed of light, I'm sure I've spent over a million gold, and my shopper is only level 15.

lol, but it was on sale! you just had to buy it! look how much gold you saved cause you bought it on sale!

Bargaining also burns through gold at the speed of light, I'm sure I've spent over a million gold, and my shopper is only level 15.

lol, but it was on sale! you just had to buy it! look how much gold you saved cause you bought it on sale!

Lol, yeah, have a bunch of shiny new items for a bunch of characters I haven't used in over a month thanks to that sale :bounce: .

I started an EP BFG seraphim (going to add bargaining later if I think I can spare a skill slot), and so far it's been pretty good, not as easy to find what you want as with bargaining, but the items are free and you can level up while looking for them, and if you take both skills EP will help your shopper be more self-sufficient in terms of acquiring gold.

Edited by Rndm