Goin in

We're kind of going nuts lately with this new oven. The old one broke, and our quicky zippy way of getting italian eats (frozen pizza) had flown out the window. Microwaved food can only go so far, and that mushy hot texture reminds my gourmet tamil taste buds of baby food. Blech. We scored this cool new oven from our land lord (actually his worker bee but don't tell ;P) And... we have been busy shoving all kinds of eatable goodies into it, while plucking recipes off the net. It's been a long day, is 10.45 pm at night, but gamers must eat when the pang hits. Rushed out to the rip off grocer down the street (Down with Metro!) And found these sweet chops just waiting to be picked up... they are THICK... and cost 5.50 for eight chops... too many, so good... thinking of the future... kept two in the freezer for a rainy day, two for Schot, two for me, one for the old neighbor across the hall. A cool recipe that calls for oven time of 350 degrees, twenty minutes per side with whatever leftover sauce you can find in the oven...in this case, some tomato , soya and plum .

They were so hot looking on the table while the oven was heating I just had to click a pic before sticking em in:

porkchops.jpg

Will click the pic of 'em forty minutes from now...wee cameras and cooking are fun

:)

gogo

ha, we're still starved... send 'em over!

Seriously though kriv... can we imagine anything more wondrous, more rewarding...than marinating?

gogo

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeyup!

lol, I'm sorry though... I was so hungry, I didn't get to snap off anything good before it slid down my gullet. I'll check my files again, maybe one's salvageable for us.

gogo

haaaaaaaaaaaaa Spunky, you got hit by late night eats as well? Man I"m a sucker for that vibe. I have to be careful of what I read and what I watch...it can trigger munchies...and look how far this one went ^^

The chops were succulent, moist and lip-smacking good. That chinese plum sauce I had in the fridge caramelized nicely, while keeping the meat nice and tender.

hmmm, k, I'm leaving this thread

:D

gogo

p.s. Dreeft ... bbq...Australia... synergy!

p.s. Dreeft ... bbq...Australia... synergy!

Are you stereotyping there Gogo? Lol....its true though, we have a lot of BBQ's out here :D

And dreeft, your definitely right...cook on the barbie saves cleaning up inside.

ha, we're still starved... send 'em over!

Seriously though kriv... can we imagine anything more wondrous, more rewarding...than marinating?

gogo

I am already hungry and is is 8 am!

I am looking forward to the long weekend spending a lot of time outside, grill going with many beers in hand!

Hey kriv!

We have had almost overly warm, sultry weather the last few days. Sun, sun, lots of sun, and I agree, when you know you just get to chill and walk around a barbequeu with imbibables in hand, it pretty much beats out the hot weather and energizes the batteries for another long week.

gogo

Those chops were soooooo good. More gogo, more! :omg: Man I gotta get to know that butcher more too. The cuts you're getting from him lately is amazing. :D