Just wondering if Canadian members could fill me in on what's going on north of the border. We have a special weather statement/air quality advisory due to the smoke from the fires. I can actually see and smell the smoke in the air where I live about 300 miles away. So I'm guessing these are pretty big fires.

I'm not really worrying about the fires right now, but I saw in the news this morning that some fires were out of control and the smoke was going towards the south, so I'm not suprised that you see and smell the smoke.

I knew this weekend they were forecasting rain today (to help the firefighters exthinguish the fires), but last time I checked this morning, I don't think it will rain today.

I'll try to keep you informed today.

Max

I thought it was just a wood fire locally this morning but it smelled strange and made my asthma (whcih is already irritated by my "neighbors" that keep smoking and sending the smoke into my house) really act up this am. So sorry to hear about this. And since I cant breathe due to it I REALLY REALLY hope they get them under control soon....

My sister has asthma so I hope the smoke doesn't get as far as Northern Connecticut :crazy: Robb, I know you live in Mass: how bad is it up there? Is the smoke really visible?

Right now we just got a haze and can't really smell it, but earlier this morning it was definitely visible. Smelled like my next door neighbor had a fire going.

Ah ha!

Zomgod, THATS what was smelling like smoke this morning when I got up for a glass of water?

Zowie!

*runs off to catch news *

:crazy:

gogo

Got 4 Air Quality advisories posted right now for my town @ weather.com

http://www.weather.com/weather/today/West+...om=recentsearch

http://www.weather.com/weather/newscenter/...nswxcategory/MA

I'm Blaming Schot cuz:

1) Not his B-Day anymore

2) bet he's smoking incognito everywhere...not buying this arm/wrist injury as reason why he's not posting much lately. And it's really his smoke plume hitting me right now