What is out there?

I noticed in a post about colateral damage that by pressing the 'F' key and hovering over your portrait you get a box showing extra information. I had no idea that this option was available and began wondering what other things are there to be found that I would have never thought to look for. For example, it was only by accident that I found out that hovering over the helmet icon in the inventory menu shows the 'set pieces equipped' list, so I started searching for others. The game is great, but the manual is depressingly unhelpful.

Does anyone have a list of such things that are not generally well known? And would you be willing to share it with us?

Don't be afraid to mention what might seem obvious to you, as it may not be at all obvious to others.

I noticed in a post about colateral damage that by pressing the 'F' key and hovering over your portrait you get a box showing extra information. I had no idea that this option was available and began wondering what other things are there to be found that I would have never thought to look for. For example, it was only by accident that I found out that hovering over the helmet icon in the inventory menu shows the 'set pieces equipped' list, so I started searching for others. The game is great, but the manual is depressingly unhelpful.

Does anyone have a list of such things that are not generally well known? And would you be willing to share it with us?

Don't be afraid to mention what might seem obvious to you, as it may not be at all obvious to others.

Hovering over 'sigma' symbol (like a funky square angled E or is it 3?) shows your list of mods... click twice for the second page. That tells among other things (mods) your +% damage versus each monster type and your bonus magic find from maybe SB or map?

I just found out that there is a *lot* of data not even documented in the game, but it is in your savegames. The savegame keeps count of how many times you have been killed by every subfamily for example, also, your amount of kills for every subfamily is also in there, not just family or total count. I think it should be possible for me to write some kind of little program that shows all of this data on your screen, gonna take some work, but I may do it if people keep poking me about it. (so this is a subtle hint to keep poking) my program would only work for single player chars though, exported chars should work too, if they are saved into the same hero format as the other single player chars.

One of the hidden goodies I stumbled across while rereading old threads is that holding down Shift causes your character to defend (and take something like 80% damage?).

I didn't know he actualy blocked with that stance , I just thought it was like a walk mode or made so your char can melee attack the air for no reason .

One of the hidden goodies I stumbled across while rereading old threads is that holding down Shift causes your character to defend (and take something like 80% damage?).

I didn't know he actualy blocked with that stance , I just thought it was like a walk mode or made so your char can melee attack the air for no reason .

There is a reason! There is always a reason! Your char just gives you the urge to do so, so he can swat the mosquitoes around him. :4rofl:

That little trick was completely undiscovered in Underworld until Schot documented it...he even made a movie about it... was awesome knowing there were still surprises in this game a few years after it's release.

:4rofl:

gogo

(so this is a subtle hint to keep poking)

poke...poke & poke. :bounce: Wanted to drop you a line Arperum. Had a blast lvling and chillin with you in game today. Have a smash with your Metal adventures ~go easy on the neck though~ and best of luck on your exams! Hope you get enough sleep ~at least a couple hours~ :twitch:

I remain, Etherian

I just found out that there is a *lot* of data not even documented in the game, but it is in your savegames. The savegame keeps count of how many times you have been killed by every subfamily for example, also, your amount of kills for every subfamily is also in there, not just family or total count. I think it should be possible for me to write some kind of little program that shows all of this data on your screen, gonna take some work, but I may do it if people keep poking me about it. (so this is a subtle hint to keep poking) my program would only work for single player chars though, exported chars should work too, if they are saved into the same hero format as the other single player chars.

The T-energy consoles in-game were going to display information on your character (presumably the additional stuff in the saved game), but there wasn't enough tim to impliment it. :twitch:

The T-energy consoles in-game were going to display information on your character (presumably the additional stuff in the saved game), but there wasn't enough tim to impliment it. :twitch:

And now all they do is rumble and say "Uh oh" and then something else...bummer ><

I thought the crouching (full defensive by pressing Shift key) increased your defense... making it less likely you got hit.

Come to think of it, there's a tooltip about this on the wiki. ;)

If you press and hold the SHIFT key, your character will switch to a defensive stance which will reduce his chance to get hit. This will also slow your avatar's movement speed.

This crouching animation has been with us since Sacred1... It was very apparent to me because my play style involved a slow killing speed... I spent a lot of time fighting opponents--my kill speed was low. It was much harder to hit the opponents when they went full defensive.

I suspect this info was not apparent to most FDM players since their toons just look at the opponents and the opponents die right away (no waiting!). ;)

Edited by FrostElfGuard

Hovering over 'sigma' symbol (like a funky square angled E or is it 3?) shows your list of mods... click twice for the second page. That tells among other things (mods) your +% damage versus each monster type and your bonus magic find from maybe SB or map?

Now that's something I didn't know, always wondered how to get to those extra pages. ;)