25 Million and 200 runes later

gogoblender

That's what you'll need for a quick starter max buff with runes read. Is it efficient to spend all the resources on this buff right from the get go... is there any liabilities besides the huge startup cost?

:Just_Cuz_21:

gogo

Resources are unlimited in this game, so I would say yes as every level up makes the buff better and better without investing further into it.

I had mine at 200 Runes by level 55. I am now at level 65 with 31 points into Delphic Focus. And a buff suite of +64 Allskills I get a CA level of 75. Which gives me huge Regen bonus benefit, detrimental effects and HP-regen.

Edit: and as spunky said every level gives me another CA level. I don't think it is one to one but I do set increases.

If the toon is unlikely to die then it is a good investment since by level 75 you want to have it maxed out for sure. By spending the runes/money earlier you realize the benefit earlier.

Is it necessary? No you get very little of the benefit at level 1. But the same token you are eventually going to spend those resources so aside from the risk of dying and *wasting* said resources you have every reason to do it.

Edited by claudius

Lol...Im sure it would be worth it but theres no way you'd see me doing it...I hate having to transfer runes...I usually just end up selling them half the time as it takes sooo long for them to get picked up and put down...

Is that 25mil if you just buy the runes or are you trading them for other runes?

I'm not sure the results would be worth the effort at level 1, but it's an interesting concept.

I was just starting a new toon today, and ran out of money twice while doing conversions which got me to asking...how much the heck does this realy cost? Simple math got me the 25 000000 number and it came off as expensive as a down payment on a mortgage.

I'd know that GI was the "special" buff that just sucked up all buffs put into it, but was still unsure where THAT many buffs would actually cause a negative regen.

Well, some nice peeps dropped by servers during day, and.. dom dom dom ... I think I'll have that two hundred read runes by level 32!

:D

After 200 runes read on a level 1 char, the CA level is 3.9. At character level 2 it goes up to 4.4 & with level 1 Focus (at character level 2) it goes up to 6.8, then 7.7 with level 2 Focus...

After 200 runes read on a level 1 char, the CA level is 3.9. At character level 2 it goes up to 4.4 & with level 1 Focus (at character level 2) it goes up to 6.8, then 7.7 with level 2 Focus...

At levels that low it just doesn't seem like it is worth it. however once I hit level 50 and can use a level 60 Buff suit with all skills it is very well worth it to have a level 65 buff. I try to pump GI as fast as I can within reason. by level 50-75 I like to have 200 Runes. before level 50 its tough to justify imo.

Not tough to justify at all methinks, with my HE at level 37 I got around 180 HP/s regen that makes it almost impossible to die if fighting non bosses.

Not tough to justify at all methinks, with my HE at level 37 I got around 180 HP/s regen that makes it almost impossible to die if fighting non bosses.

nice.. with buff boosters or just straight buff?

At levels that low it just doesn't seem like it is worth it.

Probably not for a seraphim, though for Grand Invigoration, Ancient Bark or Grim Resillience it might be worth it...

I've been thinking, what other buffs might be useful to have at an ultra-high level? BFG would give you lots of damage (& +Ranged Weapons, etc), Familiar would boost your Int, Willpower & HP through the roof, Grim Resillience would similarly boost your HP & willpower through the roof, Warding Energy should give you a fairly high damage reduction initially...

loco I got to thinking about GI and buff suits and it occured to me that there is no penalty to EATING runes although with a buff suit you can get like 25 x 6 = 150 runes already with just the suit. (for the cost of only 25 niob GI runes)

But the question I thought of that maybe you know the answer to.... is whether the 200 rune cap is 200 on runes eaten or does it count gear too? In other words if you had eaten 200 runes and THEN put on a buff suit would the buff suit raise it any?

loco I got to thinking about GI and buff suits and it occured to me that there is no penalty to EATING runes although with a buff suit you can get like 25 x 6 = 150 runes already with just the suit. (for the cost of only 25 niob GI runes)

But the question I thought of that maybe you know the answer to.... is whether the 200 rune cap is 200 on runes eaten or does it count gear too? In other words if you had eaten 200 runes and THEN put on a buff suit would the buff suit raise it any?

yes you can read 200 runes and then boost it further with Runes socketed. however I have found with GI the 200 read with a buff suit of All skills to raise the focus level is the best bang for the buck.

My level 66 with +75 all skills and 200 runes read gives me a level 78 Buff, with 21 hardpoints into focus. socketing 21 +6=126 runes into gear and weapon doesn't raise the Buff as high. I haven't tested since about level 50 but it was much lower.

I didn't realize the +all skills locks to the buff.... thats cool.

It's not that all skills affect the buff directly, but it raises the Focus level high enough that we get more CA levels out of the 200 Runes read.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to make a HE and obviously GI is a must although I don't quite understand this, if I use 200 runes at level 1 won't the CA level be like 2.6 or something? Does it gradually increase with each level? or is it a waste?

Sounds about right that it will be around level 2-3, but when leveling up and getting some points into the focus skill you will get a great boost in GI without having to invest more runes into it.

Edited by Spunky