Has my 19 month old mastered the art of sarcasm?

Whenever I'm driving my 19 month old son anywhere, whenever we get to the destination he always gives a little cheer & clap, as if to say "yay, I'm still alive!" or "well done Daddy!". Maybe it's just my innate cynicsm, but is he taking the ####?

Whenever I'm driving my 19 month old son anywhere, whenever we get to the destination he always gives a little cheer & clap, as if to say "yay, I'm still alive!" or "well done Daddy!". Maybe it's just my innate cynicsm, but is he taking the ####?

lol, I am sure it is native :D And if he's got that sense of humor built in, his other super powers will soon begin to manifest.

Go baby llama!

:D

gogo

If you and the wife always clap when he does something (like walk to the table) then he thinks that is what you do when someone does something, in this case drive to somewhere. ;-) of course he could also be developing a sense of sarcasm too .., *g*

If you and the wife always clap when he does something (like walk to the table) then he thinks that is what you do when someone does something, in this case drive to somewhere. ;-) of course he could also be developing a sense of sarcasm too .., *g*

We have always clapped/congratulated them/etc when they start doing something (be that walking, using the potty, etc), to the point where our eldest does the same for our youngest. :)

We have always clapped/congratulated them/etc when they start doing something (be that walking, using the potty, etc), to the point where our eldest does the same for our youngest. :)

Soon you will have to watch your language while driving .... trust me hearing swears out of a 24 mo old mouth is only cute the first time *g* ... Little ones are great copy cats. *g*

Soon you will have to watch your language while driving .... trust me hearing swears out of a 24 mo old mouth is only cute the first time *g* ... Little ones are great copy cats. *g*

Yeah, I already do when the boys are in the car. Whenever our eldest says anything "innappropriate" ("you're a silly poo bum", etc) he get's glared at (or asked if that's a nice thing to say) & then appologises.

Kids imitate. I bet you clap when the kid listened and followed your orders. And now the kid claps when you arrived and followed the order of the big commander: your navigation system :devil:

In our family my wife is the racer (her grandpa was german champion in motorbike sidecar racing and she the monkey in the sidecar when he drove in the old people class in later years) and me the one with a born ability to know where I am and where to go ;)

We had a big laugh 2 years back when my daughters did a parody of a commercial without telling us in advance.

The 2 boys in the beach car are joking with the man, saying if he wants to drive to the beach with his family: calling them mom and little ones. And then his family arrives and they stand there mouth open and the commercial reads: Kids need room.

2 years back I was driving to school and wanted to pick up my 3 older daughters and my niece. They came walking to my old Mercedes van oldtimer like the girls in the video and did the same look and gestures to 2 boys entering the Porsche of their mother. My niece was 17 and my daughters 13, 9 and 5.

They said that the boys did bad jokes about our family car and this was their little revenge. Kids... ;)

I told them to tell them that they drove Porsche already when they were 5... as im my signature.

Edited by chattius