Your favorite bands

On this forum (mostly in the introductions) I've been reading a lot of people being interested in music.

For me music is my biggest passion. Exept while sleeping or working I listen to music almost all the time. Plus I vist a lot of shows (usually one every week).

So I'd like to hear your top 5 of favorite bands!

I'll start off :thumbsup:

slayer_logo.gif

overkill-logo.jpg

kreator_logo.jpg

dri_logo.gif

manowar_logo.gif

Good topic start, Dark!

Yeah, music is one of the biggest passions of life along gaming, and Japanese stuff for me.

For the top five, it'll be a tough choice, as there are so many great bands there.

Currently, I guess it'll be progressive-metal heavy list. I blame my friend for infecting me. :ninjastar:

Seventh Wonder

Nightingale

Masterplan

Threshold

Opeth

They're not in specific order, just too hard to rank 'em. There are also other like Evergrey, Riverside, etc which I like a lot.

Edited by Stormwing

Hard to give a comment on this. Some of the bands I really liked 30 years ago I don't like anymore. Seems I only listened to them because all my friends listened to them, something like this I think.

So what 5 bands should I choose. Ones which I like at the moment, or bands I liked all the time, ....

So I made a list what music I choose myself, and was not just radio, or a compromise to wife, 5 kids and an au pair girl while being together for diner or breakfeast.

Writing down a list on a paper I found out that 90% of the music I can choose myself I listened while being alone in the car. And so it is driving music, no heavy metal. Once you have kids you don't listen to heavy metal anymore while driving a car with 220 kilometres an hour (It is the car the company gave to me, not my private owned T1 which can hardly do 120, but had enough room for 9 persons and several animals). You need your concentration and can't whip your head and body to the rythm when driving this fast.

So most of the music I am listening nowadays is studio music from Michael Rother, or songwriter Music from Grönemeyer, even some classic like the Moldau from Smetana, ...

If I would have to name bands I listened all the 30+ years and who performed all these years: Status Quo, Rolling Stones, Pur, BAP, Herbert Grönemeyer (no band, but songwriter)

Edited by chattius
  • 2 weeks later...

My tastes in music are quite eclectic but my five favourite bands would be:

1. The Jimi Hendrix Experience

2. Santana

3. Rage Against The Machine

4. Jeff Mills (a techno DJ)

5. Creedence Clearwater